Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:15:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement  (Read 29298 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2004, 01:26:02 PM »

Well, I don't see how you are more to the middle than I am, MiamiU. I agree with all of the positions that you stated. Perhaps there are other differences?
There's no way he would be more middle of the road, MiamiU is certainly more to the left than you, Nym90. That's one of the reasons you have my Endorsement and Blessing. Don't abandon your more moderate stances once nominated, then elected. Because, if you do, I will hold news conference asking the people's forgiveness for my error in supporting you.
So I was correct in my originial assesment . . . . Smiley
What original assessment are you referring to Harry? Please elaborate.
That Miamiu is to the left of Nym90 and myself.
I said it, and Miamiu got extremely upset because he said it was not true.
Now, however, Nym90 is backing up my statement, so I now believe that I spoke the truth in the first place.
I back up your statement as well. Nothing personal here, MiamiU.
Yeah, I mean "liberal" is not a bad thing, as much right-wingers try to say it is.

Look at the political tests Miami posted, it does not make him out as a liberal at all. He isn't even in the same quadrant as Nym90... Wink
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2004, 04:55:07 PM »

Sure thing buddy.

Abortion: Pro-choice in first three months, against partial-birth abortion and late-term abortion with exception for maternal health.

Gay Rights: Grant civil marraiges and adoptions, do not force churces to have ceremonies.

Confederate Flag: States' choice wheteher to display flag at state capitals.

Crime: No three strikes laws, opposed to death penalty in all cases.

Guns: stricter gun control laws, child safety locks (not for officers such as policemen)

Education: Strengthen public school system, provide college education for those who qualify.

Foreign Policy: No pre-emptive war, unless a UN coalition is build (like with Bush41 in Kuwait and Clinton with Milosevic)

Defense/ Homeland security: Cut Defense Budget (336B) by 5%

Taxes: High taxes on rich, and gradually lower with income

Anything else?

MiamiU, I too thought you were to the left of nym90. The only thing here that appears at all conservative is being against partial birth abortion.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2004, 06:27:22 PM »

I did not say that I was more moderate than MiamiU, but I'd say we are about even, I agree with all of the positions that he listed.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2004, 07:26:40 PM »

I'd like to thank Nclib for his endorsement. In addition, would you be interested in being Vice President?

migrendel,

Thank you for your offer for VP. Yes, I would be interested. But could you please outline the responsibilities of the campaign...
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2004, 10:38:14 PM »

I know this is prolly a bad thread to do it in, but is there anyone I could talk to / a thread I could look at, that could provide me with more details about these fantasy elections?  I think I got the gist of it, and I'd like to know more about it.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2004, 01:33:22 PM »

I know this is prolly a bad thread to do it in, but is there anyone I could talk to / a thread I could look at, that could provide me with more details about these fantasy elections?  I think I got the gist of it, and I'd like to know more about it.

Hm, everything on this board...we don't know that much ourselves though, we're just doing it, dealing with issues as they arise, basically.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2004, 04:38:10 PM »

The responsibilities in the campaign would be to simply be someone who will publically support the ticket and its policies. My idea for vice president in the my administration would be somewhat like a co-president. I would abolish the office of Chief of Staff and allow you to head intra-White House agencies, such as the Council of Economic Advisors. This will be increased power and responsibility from previous VPs however, so consider carefully.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2004, 09:51:59 PM »

The responsibilities in the campaign would be to simply be someone who will publically support the ticket and its policies. My idea for vice president in the my administration would be somewhat like a co-president. I would abolish the office of Chief of Staff and allow you to head intra-White House agencies, such as the Council of Economic Advisors. This will be increased power and responsibility from previous VPs however, so consider carefully.

I will definitely support Migrendel's candidacy throughout the election. As for being his running mate--due to "real-life commitments", I would prefer to wait until after the primary to confirm.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2004, 10:10:34 PM »

You might not have the chance of being one if you don't jump on board soon.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2004, 10:32:18 PM »

What happens to this ticket if it loses in the primaries?
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2004, 10:35:27 PM »

I plan to endorse the Democratic nominee. Unless you think we should go third party?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2004, 12:40:02 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2004, 12:48:27 AM by nclib »

I'll be your running mate on the Democratic ticket and will keep my fingers crossed regarding the Dem primary. Otherwise, I'll also think about third party but I'm concerned about being a spoiler.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2004, 12:45:02 AM »

Any Dems not having voted yet:

I hope you will consider:

Pres.: migrendel (D-MA)
VP:     nclib (D-NC)
The Progressive Choice
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2004, 12:52:54 AM »

My fellow Democrats, Migrendel and Nclib are both fine people and worthy candidates, but they are too far to the left to win in the general election, especially now that Supersoulty has picked a moderate running mate, Demrepdan. I implore you to choose Nym90 (D-MI) for president and Harry (D-MS) for Vice President. We are both more centrist than Migrendel and Nclib and we are the only candidates who can hold our own against Supersoulty in the battleground states of the Midwest, a region in which he will otherwise be very strong now with a centrist Midwestern running mate. We are also the only candidates who can make potential inroads into the South, with the GOP having nominated 2 northern candidates.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2004, 10:59:55 AM »

My fellow Democrats, Migrendel and Nclib are both fine people and worthy candidates, but they are too far to the left to win in the general election, especially now that Supersoulty has picked a moderate running mate, Demrepdan. I implore you to choose Nym90 (D-MI) for president and Harry (D-MS) for Vice President. We are both more centrist than Migrendel and Nclib and we are the only candidates who can hold our own against Supersoulty in the battleground states of the Midwest, a region in which he will otherwise be very strong now with a centrist Midwestern running mate. We are also the only candidates who can make potential inroads into the South, with the GOP having nominated 2 northern candidates.
You've got it. I have cast my VOTE for Nym90 and Harry. From this former contender to you, I am already congratulating you and Harry. All the Best, guys.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2004, 03:30:13 PM »

I have not been here for about a month. I missed the dem fantasy primaries. But I will get to the point. I am here to announce my endorsement of Nym90 for president. I would like to support him were ever it is needed.

Thankyou,
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »

I have not been here for about a month. I missed the dem fantasy primaries. But I will get to the point. I am here to announce my endorsement of Nym90 for president. I would like to support him were ever it is needed.

Thankyou,

Great, we need every vote we can get! Have you voted for them in my poll, it's supposed to give an idea of the forum electorate's views on the candidates... Smiley
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2004, 05:56:45 PM »

I just got into this thing recently ,so bare with me if I ask dumb questions.  Do the Democrats have a central place of organization (probably not, we are Democrats)?  When and where is the convention?  And finally, how can I help get the great Nym90 elected?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2004, 05:58:49 PM »

I just got into this thing recently ,so bare with me if I ask dumb questions.  Do the Democrats have a central place of organization (probably not, we are Democrats)?  When and where is the convention?  And finally, how can I help get the great Nym90 elected?

Nym90 has already won the nomination. Now we need you to register to vote on the register to vote thread.

Carry Idaho for us, that would be great! Smiley
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2004, 07:28:52 PM »

Well, we're the only two Idahoans here that I know of, right?  So I guess that means Idaho is a tossup state now.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2004, 07:42:04 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:42:22 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Maybe you two should have a deathmatch. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2004, 06:30:33 AM »

We're not having an EC, so it doesn't really matter. We could take note of home states of voters, though, couldn't we, and then put together an elction map from that, just for fun.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2004, 08:15:22 AM »

Idaho would still go to soulty.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2004, 09:46:17 AM »

Why? Or do you mean in the "reallife" election maps we're doing?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2004, 04:10:21 PM »

Why? Or do you mean in the "reallife" election maps we're doing?
Yeah, the real life maps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies