Einzige for Mideast Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Einzige for Mideast Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Einzige for Mideast Senate  (Read 868 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »

Good evening.

I would like to declare my candidacy for the Senate seat Tmthforu94 is vacating in the upcoming February elections. As before, I would like to elucidate a specific platform I will be running on. And, as before, a vote for me entails not merely a vote for a particular partisan or personality, but a rock-solid set of proposals which I will work for unceasingly until they are resolved.

Fiscal Policy

In the economic sphere, I will prioritize the three D's: deregulation, decentralization, and democratization. For too long our conservative politicians have championed the first of these while ignoring the latter two, which are their direct corollaries: we who believe deeply and passionately in the power of the market to liberate men from bondage to their social status understand that it is not enough to slacken State control over the market. We believe that a truly free market is one which is horizontal, and open to all, as opposed to vertical - hierarchical.

Therefore, I will support measures to open Atlasia's markets to small business, and make it easier for workers to own their own businesses: I will propose a Small Industries Tax Relief Act, rescinding all Federal taxes on individuals who can show proof of their intent to start their own business within one year of filing. Further, I will create a Federal Industrial Loan Bureau, authorized to loan out the tools of the trade to small businesses for a modest transaction fee and interest, in exchange for rescinding all business taxes on those who use it.

Likewise, I will propose the creation of a national Earned Income Tax Credit for the deeply destitute, to be paid for by the user fees generated by the Federal Industrial Loan Bureau.

On the Big Business end, I oppose and will continue to oppose Federal subsidization of industry that leads to either monopolization of a given market, or the general stifling of competition. Therefore I will look line by line at every piece of legislation proposed during my tenure, and, if found wanting under this principle, will vote against it.

Domestic Policy

I find absurd the fact that those who scream regarding their liberties the loudest are those who most want to restrict the freedom of those they despise.

I reject, point-blank, the conceit that the State has any business enforcing the particular prejudices of any subset of the populace.

I oppose the efforts of a small clique of conspirators to organize in the attempt to make it do just that. And I believe that the Mideast's representation in the Senate has for too long been part and party to this organized effort to pervert the functions of government to its own insidious ends.

Therefore I will root out and destroy any attempt to deprive the freedom of any part of the citizenry their basic rights - I will smash those who crusade so hypocritically in the name of an all-loving God for this where they stand.

I will thus vote against any legislation proposed that seems to me to promote a collectivist mind-set, or, in other words, which gives a spiritual monopoly to certain favored sects over others. Free markets require free men - and these, of necessity, require free minds.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:14:22 PM »

Hey now, I haven't said yet that I'm not running. Just that there is a good chance I won't. And also, I like to refer to it as retiring, not vacating. It sounds better. Wink

Best of luck to you.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »

Hey now, I haven't said yet that I'm not running. Just that there is a good chance I won't. And also, I like to refer to it as retiring, not vacating. It sounds better. Wink

Best of luck to you.

Well, do let me know if you are running, for, if you are, then I have something special in mind.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »

Endorsed my good friend.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »

Smiley Endorsed by The Whip.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »

Despite his personal hatred of me, endorsed.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Can I suggest a fourth "D"? Diversification. To me, it is a key component to promoting individualism.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:04:57 PM »

Can I suggest a fourth "D"? Diversification. To me, it is a key component to promoting individualism.

I concur with this, and would strongly support it in, for example, any energy policy I'd be required to vote on - we have seen the effects of putting too many eggs in one basket before.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:12 AM »

Endorsed 100%.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 04:37:22 AM »

Endorsed
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:34 AM »

The FILB is exactly like the national bank I advocated a few months back. It's the perfect way to spread individualism and economic independence, as well as foster growth among the lower and middle classes. It's nice to see it recognized.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies