Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 389337 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »

X Simfan
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »

Let me be the first to congratulate you Simfan.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »

Speaker Simfan, what has the CJO allegedly done to warrant such proceedings?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »

Yes, I saw that before I asked the question.  That is why I asked the question.

However, you have moved to commence impeachment proceedings against the CJO, and yet research is still being conducted.

How can you move to open impeachment proceedings when your case for impeachment has not been researched?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

I am pleased to announce that the President of Yale University, Dr. Richard C. Levin, in conjunction with the members of The Yale Corporation, has advised me today, in recognition of my service to the Northeast Region as Lieutenant Governor, Governor, and as a member of the Northeast Assembly, that they have renamed the Graduate School of Political Science of Yale University as the Winfield Graduate School of Political Science.

The President and all the members of the Yale Corporation have signed the documentation making this name change official and permanent.

As a graduate of the Graduate School of Political Science of Yale University, I am deeply humbled by this distinct honor that Yale University has bestowed upon me.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »

Thank you.

But you know, at least I didn't have the entire Yale University renamed Winfield University.

That would have been a bit much. 

I do have some principles.  Cheesy
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

Winfield University? Smiley

Hey Congrats on the Yale recognition, Representative. Your service as Governor was admirable and influential on my administration.

Thank you Mr. President.  Your kind thoughts and words are very meaningful and are much appreciated.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »

This is a sad state of affairs when the lawfully elected Assembly simply shuts down because someone fails to show up or is unable to attend.

I recognize the fact that we all from time to time perhaps will have to be away for a period of time, but I am of the belief that if you can be there then you should be there and if you can't you can't, but the Assembly should not have to shut down because one Representative cannot or will not be in attendance for whatever reason.

So yes, there should be a mechanism or procedure in place so the business of the Assembly can carry on.  A line of succession is one way to address this issue, although I do  not believe the Chief Judicial Officer should be in the line of succession, as this officer is not a member of the Assembly, and should therefore not be in a position to conduct the business of the elected Assembly.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

Welcome back Representatives Simfan and Jones.

I trust all is well.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »

I am pleased to advise this Assembly that the Vice President of Atlasia/Secretary of External Affairs, the honorable Kalwejt, has asked that I undertake a foreign mission as an envoy of the Department of External Affairs.

I have accepted, and will be embarking shortly to the Principality of Liechtenstein on a fact finding mission.

Upon my return, I will be meeting with President Napoleon and Vice President/Secretary of External Affairs Kalwejt to present my findings, after which my report will be delivered to the Department of External Affairs.

As I have always been prepared and honored to represent the interests of the Northeast, I am now prepared and honored to represent the interests of Atlasia on this mission.

My Assembly Chief of Staff will accompany me on my mission, and I will be kept informed of Assembly matters by my Senior Assembly Assistant. 

I shall be returning to Atlasia on July 28, 2012.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my best personal regards to the Governor and the members of this Assembly.

I as well wish to express my gratitude to the Vice President/Secretary of External Affairs for entrusting me with this mission.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »

Mr. Winfield, will you be communicating with the Assembly on your mission? And can you run from one end of Liechtenstein to the other?

Mr. Jones, thank you for your questions.

As stated, my Senior Assembly Assistant will be keeping me informed of Asembly matters, and if warranted, I will be communicating with the members of the Assembly via email.  I would respectfully ask the Speaker to read the contents of my email into the Assembly record.   I do not know of any Assembly rules that would prohibit this.

No, I cannot run from one end of Liechtenstein to the other, however, I could probably do it by mountain bike.  Cheesy  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »

Thank you, Mr. Winfield. Send the Assembly photos from your vacation!

Uh, fact finding mission and good will visit.  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »

I appreciate your show of confidence, however, I have no interest in the office of Speaker.

If drafted, I will not run.

If nominated, I will not accept.

If elected, I will not serve.

I do not see how the Governor can support me for Speaker since he disaproves of my performance as a Representative, and I do not see how Representative Jones can support me for Speaker since he wants me banned from the forum, which would obviously make it impossible for me to become Speaker, or anything else in this fantasy government. 

I encourage the Governor to take whatever steps he can constitutionally to deal with this matter.

Article II, Section 8

8. Vacancies in the Legislative Assembly shall be filled in a manner specified by Law, and until such determination is made, by Gubernatorial appointment. Vacancies occur upon resignation, recall, impeachment, failure to swear in within one week of the legislative session’s opening, failure to vote on three consecutive pieces of legislation without publicly declaring absence, or failure to participate in Assembly debate for one month.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2012, 11:05:02 PM »

I have decided to let my name stand for Speaker.

Simfan resigns the Speakership August 6 and new Assembly elections are August 17, so there is really not all that much more time left in this session.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »

The current Speaker will call a vote.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:24 PM »

I do not see how the Governor can support me for Speaker since he disaproves of my performance as a Representative, and I do not see how Representative Jones can support me for Speaker since he wants me banned from the forum, which would obviously make it impossible for me to become Speaker, or anything else in this fantasy government. 

You're the next-most-senior Representative, are you not? My request to ban you is solely based on your actions beyond the fourth wall, which I intend to keep standing.

I'm not sure I'm ready for all this speakery responsibility, but if I must, I'll do it.

Representative Jones, just what do you mean by "my actions"?

To be honest, I have never heard so much whining from so many malcontents in my entire life than that group of moaners, groaners, and complainers who were acting like six year olds and demanding I be banned from the forum.  There was obviously nothing wrong with "my actions," the ultimate proof being I am still on the forum.

I was somewhat disappointed, however, to see you join in that chorus of clowns.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »

Facts are facts.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2012, 08:06:59 PM »

Winfield has done a good job in every office, and assisting my administration overseas and I support him for Speaker. Good luck Winfield!

Thank you Mr. President.  I very much appreciate your kind words and your vote of confidence.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »

I am pleased to announce that Winfield has been elected Speaker. The Keystone Phil legacy lives on. I am also pleased to announce I have arrived in Nyman just a few hours ago and am resting at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. (Really.) I am also pleased I am able to conduct the Assembly's affairs remotely before I depart for Addis Ababa on Monday.

Don't you mean The Winfield Legacy?  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

FTR, I didn't feel I should partake in this vote, as I was appointed in the middle of it.  Of course, Winfield is an excellent choice Smiley

Thank you very much Cincinnatus.  Although I am sure I will never measure up to the outstanding performance you had as Speaker.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »

As Speaker Simfan's resignation as Speaker takes place August 6, 2012, that is when I will assume the office of Speaker.

Thank you to the President, Assembly members, the Governor, and all the others who have voiced their support.

I did not participate in the vote as I felt it appropriate that this decision be left up to the other members of the Assembly.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »

Fact finding mission for the Department of External Affairs.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »

I thought the legislative session had closed since we were told no more bills could be brought forward.

Since the elections begin this Friday, I felt it prudent not to bring forward any new bills, as debate time would be too limited to do justice to any piece of proposed legislation. 

It is better that the new members of the Assembly deal with any legislation beyond the Job Creation and Infrastructure Renewal Act and the Safe Walking Act.

But you are certainly free to discuss any matters of concern to you in this, the Northeast Assembly Thread, in preparation for the new Assembly to be elected this weekend.       
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »

Before I exit Northeast Atlasian politics, I wish to apologize for bringing the other part of the forum into the fantasy board.

I had stated previously on the fantasy board that Representative Jones had called for me to be banned from the forum on the 2012 board, which is true.  However, that is not something that is relevant to the fantasy board, nor should I have been discussing that on the fantasy board. 

I apologize to Representative Jones and to the fantasy board for discussing this in the fantasy forum.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies