Pacific Legislature Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:34:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Legislature Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Pacific Legislature Official Thread  (Read 262278 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »

So we have the constitutional right to elect as many senators as we want ? That makes no sense.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »

I won't.  Plus, I am glad that Kal acted so quickly to try and stop this.  Although, I think Marokai's analysis about the numbers is correct, I think having the constitution put this out so clearly is good.  It is quite amazing that no tried this before.  It is quite brilliant.  My hat is off to Meeker for catching this.  That being said, I think it destroys the point of all Senate elections if regions just start creating senate seats.  It will lead to senate seat creation wars where in parties with more power in a region and thus confident of victory will race to create seats to control the Senate. 

I will oppose this bill as well. That might be fun (and it is indeed extremely amusing Grin) but we can't create a constitutional crisis just for fun.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »

Give and You Shall Receive Act: Aye
Pacific Representation Act: Nay
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 07:54:15 AM »

X Antonio V, to the two bills.

As for the PA representation Act, I think it should go in the Statute, but could be constitutionally challenged. Wanna see an Atlasia vs Pacific case ? Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 05:44:21 AM »

Aye/Aye
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

Add to that that we don't have a Pacific Justice since I left the office in January... I think we're going to enjoy some massive legal bickering. Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2011, 04:36:42 AM »

It could be nice to have by-elections, if the vacancy occur before 1 month prior to the regular election.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »

Both the Sustainable Pacifican Cities Bill (3-1) and the Oceania Incorporation Act (4-0) have passed.

x ArchangelZero

Winfield sent me a copy of the Vote Sanctity Act, and I would like to get the citizens' opinions on it.  Here is the text:

Vote Sanctity Act
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you guys think that a similar act would be good for the Pacific?

I don't understand the point of this bill. I think 20 minutes is a fair delay for allowing vote change. Some people may vote too precipitously and thus have to rectify their votes : it happened to me a few times. I don't see why this would be made illegal.

Also, I back Bgwah's proposal.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2011, 05:20:21 AM »

That's fine with me. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »

Alright I'm officially introducing this then. Please sign!  Smiley

Senate Vacancy Bill
1) Should there be a vacancy for any federal Senate seat delegated to the Pacific Region, there shall be a special election held the following weekend during standard election hours. There must be a minimum of 72 hours to allow candidate declarations, and the election shall be moved back one week if necessary.
2) If there are less than six weeks of the term left at the time of vacancy, then the Governor shall appoint a replacement for the remainder of the term.

What do you guys think?? (I'm thinking this doesn't need to be a constitutional amendment... but I wouldn't mind a 2nd opinion on it)

x bgwah

X Antonio V
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:50 AM »

We do hereby declare was against the evil communist region of Pacific.

Cool.

If Your Excellence were nice enough to explain to us stupid commies what the hell this sentence means, it'd be very generous from Him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »

We do hereby declare was against the evil communist region of Pacific.

Cool.

If Your Excellence were nice enough to explain to us stupid commies what the hell this sentence means, it'd be very generous from Him.

I wanted to say "war" but now forget about it.

I know. Wink But it's far more funny to pretend misunderstanding. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

The 90% Tax Act.
1. This act reaffirms the right of the region to set it's own taxes at whatever levels it feels best for it's own taxpayers.

2. No form of taxation, be it income, corporate, or sales, can add to, when federal taxes are considered, over 90%. Federal numbers are taken as base numbers with Regional numbers added to this. In the event that regional taxes would push this number over 90%, the regional tax is then capped so that the new total of regional and federal taxes totals 90%.

3. The Governor may propose a referendum for repeal of this act if he or she has sufficient reason to believe the Federal government is taking advantage of this act to, in some way, harm the Pacific region.

This will fix the problem noted some time ago where our Regional and Federal income tax rates for the top bracket total over 100%

Make it 100%, and I'll support it.

X Antonio V

X Antonio V

X Antonio V
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »

Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong about taxing all income after a certain threshold. I don't necessarily want it to be that way, but I sure don't want to make it impossible.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2011, 05:42:21 AM »

Aye to all
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 08:13:16 AM »

It was likely the deficit donation thingy that did not get passed, nobody else seemed to like it Sad

It did pass. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »

Great, we have some awesome bills to consider. Smiley

Tobacco Public Health and Safety Bill

1. The Smoking Rights Amendment is hereby repealed.
2. Effective two months upon the passage of this act, the smoking of any substance within any public indoor space shall be prohibited, subject to a maximum fine of $5,000 per individual or a maximum fine of $100,000 for any business found to be in violation.
3. Effective two months upon the passage of this act, the smoking of any substance in any outdoor area that is within 12 feet of the entrance or exit to any public indoor location shall be prohibited, subject to a maximum fine of $1,000 per individual or a maximum fine of $30,000 for any business found to be in violation.
4. Effective two months upon the passage of this act, the smoking of any substance in any outdoor area where public or private employees are required to perform any tasks, including but not limited to serving food or beverages, cleaning, and maintenance, shall be prohibited, subject to a maximum fine of $1,000 per individual or a maximum fine of $30,000 for any business found to be in violation.

X Antonio V

Handgun Phase Out Bill
1. Effective three months upon the passage of this act, the Pacific Region declares itself a handgun free area.
2. Handgun owners will have three months to give handguns to any local Handgun Amnesty Office without penalty.
3. Handgun owners cooperating with the amnesty will be eligible for a compensation of up to half of the average market price for all returned firearms.
4. Three months upon the passage of this act, possession of a handgun will be a crime eligible for up to a $5,000 fine and/or up to six months in prison.

X Antonio V

X Antonio V

Tobacco Marketing Regulation Bill

1. Effective FY 2012, any tobacco products to be sold within the Pacific Region must adhere to the following packaging standards:
a. The brand name of the product in plain, black Times New Roman font against a white background, to take up the bottom 25% of the front of the packaging.
b. The remainder of the front of the packaging, as well as the entirety of the sides and back, must contain health warnings illustrating the physical effects of prolonged tobacco use.
2. Effective three months upon the passage of this act, any publications distributed within the Pacific Region may not contain advertisements for tobacco products of any kind, with tobacco companies eligible for a minimum fine of $500,000 per violation.
3. Effective immediately, any distribution of leaflets or fliers produced by tobacco companies to be included inside tobacco packaging shall be prohibited, with tobacco companies eligible for a minimum fine of $100,000 per violation.

X Antonio V
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »

Okay, so here is a dilemma. Apparently, the constitution states that the governor voting booth should be open on the second Friday this month, as opposed to the penultimate Friday (which is usually when we open the booth).

Now, we can either immediately just start the election now, or we can postpone it to next weekend. What do you all think?

As you like. If you fear to have a dreadful turnout, maybe let's wait until next weekend. But it's not like these are very competitive elections it seems...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2011, 07:08:05 AM »

We want a vote !
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »

Hum...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »

Tobacco Public Health and Safety Bill : Aye
Handgun Phase Out Bill : Aye
Guaranteed Minimum Income Bill : Aye
Tobacco Marketing Regulation Bill : Aye
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 07:34:58 AM »

I'm still alive.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2012, 07:02:58 AM »

I can support reducing it to 30%, but not any lower and only if the lower brackets are reduced accordingly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

Yeah, these tax brackets look pretty silly... How is it possible to go from 3% to 48 ? Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies