Opinion of this sentence? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:07:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of this sentence? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: "Hit your mouses"
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Opinion of this sentence?  (Read 351 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: November 17, 2017, 06:40:34 PM »

I have some sympathy for the judges when they give very low sentences to people who killed people in a car accident (even though it feels horribly wrong to give someone like that 2 months or so, they probably aren't real threats to society), but this is f**ing insane. A criminal who killed some other criminals or a drug dealer gets 20-25 years but somehow someone who drugged and raped a 12-year old girl and blamed her afterwards is deemed safe enough to return to society after 8 f**ing years? And I know the maximum punishment is 12 years (why on earth didn't he get 12 years anyway then?), but politicians can just raise maximum punishments. The people most likely to follow the #MeToo hype also are the people most likely to view you as an uneducated redneck for getting angry over these things, but if a crime like this gets you 8 years, what would raping a grown woman get you? 3 months?

Anyway, I'm in favour of replacing the term D66 judges with GroenLinks judges (D66 judge became a meme after far-right leader Geert Wilders said it during his own trial for hate speech) Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies