*sigh* Another black Republican down (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:06:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  *sigh* Another black Republican down (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *sigh* Another black Republican down  (Read 18362 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« on: December 19, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »

I would definitely like to see more black Republicans elected (as well as more white Democrats, especially in heavily black areas), but candidates like Michael Steele and Ken Blackwell aren't going to cut it since they offer little rationale for voting for themselves other than their race.

Not that I'm claiming that black Democratic candidates are usually any better, but it's still something to consider.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:15:17 AM »

I would definitely like to see more black Republicans elected (as well as more white Democrats, especially in heavily black areas), but candidates like Michael Steele and Ken Blackwell aren't going to cut it since they offer little rationale for voting for themselves other than their race.

Please don't put Mike Steele and Ken Blackwell in the same category.  That's like putting Artur Davis and Cynthia McKinney in the same league.

Oh I agree completely that they are far from comparable overall, though in this case they did share that one thing in common.

Interestingly both did quite well for a Republican with black voters. Steele drew 25 percent of the black vote, and even Blackwell actually managed to get 20 percent. However Steele only barely won the white vote while Blackwell lost it by nearly 20 points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies