Poland General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poland General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Poland General Discussion  (Read 16443 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2019, 11:22:02 AM »

I must say I really have no idea how to vote. Wiosna is essentially turning out the same way as Palikot. Razem was never a serious consideration for me for a number of reasons (which aren't about the policy, but their lack of ability to actually matter).

Well, I am voting Razem, but also mainly because I have Ikonowicz as list leader and although he is dramatically weak as a politician he is great person and activist so still worth a vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »

Less than one day passed and the KE is already imploding, with PSL dropping hints of running independently in the autumn (not sure if it would help him, given their support hemorrhaging rapidly), and Miller (we'll never get rid of his, will we?) alluding to this being an one-time project. With Nowoczesna essentially on life support (absorption into PO is probably inevitable), we're back to square one.

PO just f**king deserve to lose in the fall for their stupidity. They still can't comprehend why they lost in 2015 and why they're losing now.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »

PO just f**king deserve to lose in the fall for their stupidity. They still can't comprehend why they lost in 2015 and why they're losing now.
Why did they lose?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »

Why did they lose?

KE hardly offered anything other than their constant "we're anti-PiS" theme. PiS, on the other hand, was talking a lot about their standard-bearing social programs like 500+, in a very manipulative way and waaay overstating their actual accomplishments, but still. Not to mention the KE campaign was full of such undertones as "stupid uneducated rural voters who are being bribed by PiS". Good job, geniuses.

Arguably, it would've been hard for KE to present a coherent platform, given that all that united the parties involved was "we're not PiS".
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »

-snip-

I must say I really have no idea how to vote. Wiosna is essentially turning out the same way as Palikot. Razem was never a serious consideration for me for a number of reasons (which aren't about the policy, but their lack of ability to actually matter).

What's the big problem with Wiosna?  And what do you mean by "turning out the same way as Palikot?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2019, 04:24:48 AM »

-snip-

What's the big problem with Wiosna?  And what do you mean by "turning out the same way as Palikot?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Movement

This initiative started off very promisingly (I voted for them in 2011), but stalled in part because of inneffective leadership, and in part due to it never becoming a coherent force agenda-speaking, aside of some individual points. I see the same signs when Wiosna is concerned.

And, after watching Biedroń on the election night, acting like an overexcited teen, I have even bigger doubts about his "abilities".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »

On an extremely serious note, I feel it would be most reasonable for Korwin to resume his singing career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Efr6Q0QIYI
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »

Has Biedroń said anything about the Polish government's refusal to take in Muslim refugees? I'm interested in his opinion on this matter.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 02:32:19 PM by Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan »

PSL decided that they will participate in parliamentary elections in their own coalition, without PO.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »

PSL decided that they will participate in parliamentary elections in their own coalition, without PO.

PSL is in rather unenviable position, with their support in the country hemmoraging quickly. Sure, they always had a machine that allowed them to get above 5% despite some close calls in the past, but seriously, the machine is getting rusty.

I think we can essentially rule out SLD running with PO as well.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2020, 06:43:21 AM »

"Putin supports the Polish opposition" - is it Polish CNN?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies