The Next Right and the New Left: Dialectics for the free man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  The Next Right and the New Left: Dialectics for the free man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Next Right and the New Left: Dialectics for the free man  (Read 10689 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: April 01, 2010, 05:15:09 AM »

Ah, the old litany of conservative "sins":

Abortion on demand, flag burning, sodomy, affirmative action are all recognized constitutional rights in 2010 that were partly or completely unthinkable in 1960.

If the nation has been moving "left" on these issues, it is all the better, because it means we are moving in an individualistic direction. You, as a spiritual communist, wish it were otherwise, but you will be defeated, just as the economic communists were.

Einzige: the country has moved right

Guderian: no, see, it has not.

Einzige: rawr, communist, enemy, silent, grr.

It will never cease to amaze me how someone can keep up such a pretense of being an intellectual while clearly ignoring all such things as thoughts.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 05:29:50 AM »

Ah, the old litany of conservative "sins":

Abortion on demand, flag burning, sodomy, affirmative action are all recognized constitutional rights in 2010 that were partly or completely unthinkable in 1960.

If the nation has been moving "left" on these issues, it is all the better, because it means we are moving in an individualistic direction. You, as a spiritual communist, wish it were otherwise, but you will be defeated, just as the economic communists were.

Einzige: the country has moved right

Guderian: no, see, it has not.

Einzige: rawr, communist, enemy, silent, grr.

It will never cease to amaze me how someone can keep up such a pretense of being an intellectual while clearly ignoring all such things as thoughts.

And lo, Gustav again uses his position of authority to make unwarranted ad hominem attacks against me. It's like I'm really surprised.

My position of authority? You really are obsessed with conspiracies and myths aren't you? But I note you still ignore the fact that your statement was proven wrong and you are not man enough to admit it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »

You mean that you expected to find much in the way of credible intellectual argument in a thread that includes 'dialectics for the free man' in its title?

Well...no, but it will never cease to amaze me. Tongue

Note to the public: if you make a statement, someone else comes up with a clear argument disproving it and you respond with a personal attack you have lost the debate and should hide in shame.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:28:28 AM »

Ok...you claimed, several times, that the country had moved to the right on social issues.

Guderian named pretty much every social issue there is pointing out that the country had moved to the left on these issues. To this you replied that it was good that we had moved to the left but that he was a communist or some other insult you've made up. So, you essentially admitted to being wrong, even though it was implicitly.

Then you now seemed to have done a classic moving of the goal-posts trying to pretend that you actually meant that the average American is more socially conservative. That, too, is obvious nonsense given the levels of conservative attitudes in the 1960s (look at interracial marriages, for example) but it doesn't matter.

Even if you can twist your words into  a new meaning it doesn't really matter. He made a case against you and you replied with nothing but a personal insult. That is getting owned.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies