FBI walks back "extremist" designation for Proud Boys
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:39:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI walks back "extremist" designation for Proud Boys
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI walks back "extremist" designation for Proud Boys  (Read 865 times)
Joey1996

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:26:23 PM »

https://thinkprogress.org/fbi-walks-back-extremist-label-for-proud-boys-6f4c052e60f9/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The FBI, soldiers of the #resistance!
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »

Why?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »

Because they aren't an extremist group. They basically have the same positions as normie Republicans.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »

FBI walks back extremist designation but media and tech giants will still use the admittedly erroneous designation to demonize and deplatform people. Milo was kicked off Patreon because of his links to the Proud Boys. Will they reinstate him now? Obviously they won't but there's no justifiable reason why they shouldn't.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

The Trump administration and even Republicans before him have done everything to go out of their way to excuse rightwing extremism. Remember when Republican lawmakers and Conservative pundits freaked out about the Department of Homeland Securities very prescient report “Rightwing Extremism:
Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment”?

I do.

I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »

Because they aren't an extremist group. They basically have the same positions as normie Republicans.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 05:21:22 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2018, 03:51:27 PM by mvd10 »

I love the FBI. Trump hasn't given the great white middle-aged Republican men of the FBI much love, but the FBI still loves Republicans. True patriots. One day they will be rewarded.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 06:07:57 AM »

I live the FBI. Trump hasn't given the great white middle-aged Republican men of the FBI no love, but the FBI still loves Republicans. True patriots. One day they will be rewarded.

I guess patriotism now means only working in the benefit the parties of a democracy no matter how dangerous or irrational they get. Trump yet again bringing out the true beliefs of regular conservatives, afraid to display them before in fear of being seen as crazy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 03:05:51 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2018, 03:13:00 PM by Badger »

I'm not certain that so-called Normie Republicans broadly hold the position of curb-stomping leftists in the street, but I'll take your word for it.

Sadly, one can't deny that is creeping closer and closer every day to a majority Republican View. Even if oldsters won't actually go out and do the boot parties themselves, more and more are ready to write it off as "antifa started it, so...."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »

I live the FBI. Trump hasn't given the great white middle-aged Republican men of the FBI much love, but the FBI still loves Republicans. True patriots. One day they will be rewarded.

1/10
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

I live the FBI. Trump hasn't given the great white middle-aged Republican men of the FBI much love, but the FBI still loves Republicans. True patriots. One day they will be rewarded.

1/10

yeah, that's what I'd give to Robert Mueller's performance so far. At this point, the only question about the Russia bs we should be asking is "how much prison time should Bobby Three Sticks get for his thug like behavior?"
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »

I'm not certain that so-called Normie Republicans broadly hold the position of curb-stomping leftists in the street, but I'll take your word for it.

Sadly, one can't deny that is creeping closer and closer every day to a majority Republican View. Even if oldsters won't actually go out and do the boot parties themselves, more and more are ready to write it off as "antifa started it, so...."

Most Republicans support curb stomping people who attack them. Most people in general do. Many leftists support curb stomping people just in response to words.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »

Gotta love that Overton Window.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 10:26:10 PM »

1/10

yeah, that's what I'd give to Robert Mueller's performance so far. At this point, the only question about the Russia bs we should be asking is "how much prison time should Bobby Three Sticks get for his thug like behavior?"

2.5/10
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »

1/10

2.5/10

why'd you give it 2.5/10 instead of 0/10 ? where does the 2.5 come from
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »

The FBI, like any other arm of law enforcement, is an inherently authoritarian structure and will always provide more lenience to and tolerance for right-wing extremism than left-wing extremism. This is why MOVE got firebombed and those ranchers who occupied a national park got bottled water and food shipped in to them. Next.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:24 PM »

Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »

In other news, former leader Gavin McInnes has lost his show at CRTV and has been banned from Youtube (in addition to Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Paypal).
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 11:44:49 PM »

Antifa isn't an extremist group either according to the FBI. My understanding is that the FBI uses "extremist group" only when they can spare finite resources monitoring members of seriously dangerous groups that want to kill people. The proud boys talk tough but they don't walk the walk.

If the Proud Boys start massacring people then this will probably be reinstated. Hopefully.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »

So in other words, they're an extremist group.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies