End of 2017: Is Trump favored to be re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  End of 2017: Is Trump favored to be re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: End of 2017: Is Trump favored to be re-elected?
Trump is favored to be re-elected

Trump is more likely to lose re-election

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: End of 2017: Is Trump favored to be re-elected?  (Read 3079 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 31, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »

At this point, he's favored to lose decisively, but I don't know what's going to happen between now and 2020.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »

In 2016, Trump won with 306 electoral votes (not including the rouge electors). Let's see what path to victory is most likely, assuming he holds onto all of his 2016 electoral votes, shall we?
- +New Hampshire: 310
- +Nevada: 316
- +Minnesota: 326
- +Maine At-Large: 328
- +Colorado: 337
- +Virginia: 350

Do you seriously think that Trump will win Colorado/Virginia? Or do you think he'll lose Virginia but win some combination of Rhode Island and Oregon? What?

I think TexArkana is right for once.
Yeah, a President with approval ratings this poor has never won re-election, period. let alone in a near-landslide.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:05:01 PM »

He's in a much stronger position than he looks like. The Democrats so relentlessly hammering him and catastrophizing everything he does means that if things don't actually turn out all that bad (if the economy stays strong and no wars break out), they'll look rather silly.
I don't think so. people strongly dislike who he is as a person, even disregarding his policies.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

At this point, he's screwed. Trump has an approval rating south of 40%, that would cause him to lose decisively to whoever the Democrat nominee is.
"At this point" being the key part here. We don't know what will happen between now and 2020.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »

At this point, he's screwed. Trump has an approval rating south of 40%, that would cause him to lose decisively to whoever the Democrat nominee is.
"At this point" being the key part here. We don't know what will happen between now and 2020.

This

Also, I just have to comment on that sig of yours. What exactly was your inspiration to start it, and since when did you start doing rotations on the pictures? The last one was certainly the most... well how to put it... adult like. XD

My inspiration was my love for big butts obviously. And I don't plan on rotating the second picture, I had to change the anime drawing because a mod informed me it was NSFW.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »

Here is something everybody seems to forget...Trump had a 38.7% approval rating on Election Day, and he won 306 EV’s. Obviously his EC spread was extremely efficient, but he still outperformed his approval rating by 7.4% in the PV.

I think this is where the left (and a lot of the right) totally underestimates Trump. He has an uncanny ability to earn the votes of people who don’t like him personally. He isn’t a typical presidential candidate inasmuch as needing a ~50% approval rating to win an election. There are a whole lot of voters, especially in the Rust Belt, who have no compunction about voting for Trump even though they think he is an a$$hole.

If I were a Democrat, I’d be very concerned if Trump’s approval rating is anywhere above 40% come 2020. And if it is hovering around 50% like a previous poster predicted it could be, I’d brace for a 1988/2008 style victory.
This comment is ridiculous. He won with terrible approval ratings because his opponent was only slightly less unpopular than him - and, crucially, Clinton was viewed as even less trustworthy than Trump. If the Democratic nominee in 2020 is even modestly popular, Trump is in big trouble.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies