The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:42:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration  (Read 16587 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 16, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »

Mr. President, not to get my time in the cabinet off on a bad foot, but I really must agree with the men above me. The sides seem very strongly opposed, however, and I fear that this one is headed to the Supreme Court...which may not be a bad thing.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:10:54 AM »

I think perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to expedite passage of Napoleon's version of the law as a compromise and let the legal issue lie. Is everybody okay with that?
Unless it is unanimously agreed upon, does there not appear with the new Senators to be enough votes to override the veto?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:13:58 AM »

I think perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to expedite passage of Napoleon's version of the law as a compromise and let the legal issue lie. Is everybody okay with that?
Unless it is unanimously agreed upon, does there not appear with the new Senators to be enough votes to override the veto?

...good point. I suppose a veto override would be a logical next step.
Well, I can actually contradict myself with the Constitution. Here's the excerpt to be considered:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:24 AM »

I've drafted a fair, reasonable and balanced compromise that I'm happy to discuss the merits of.
Which is a wonderful thing.

But are we all willing to waive the Constitutional ambiguity at hand?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:49:54 AM »

This is the third time in two years that we have ended up arguing about what constitutes a day. I hate the idea of the Senate getting bogged down over this, but I think that sooner or later, this should be resolved one way or the other.
You know, the Supreme Court is twiddling its thumbs, looking for work...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »

Echoing my public statement:

The Department would love to see the President send a revised version of the [Right Wages bill] back to the Senate which allows for the worst off regions to take advantage of this legislation until they recover to a determined level.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »

Not to pile things on, but if the President intends to turn power over to the VP, he needs to follow this procedure:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Right you are, and while I would love to see that happen, I suspect that the Federal Government will, as a whole, accept his declaration in this thread as sufficient. It may get particularly interesting should Nathan not show up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies