Behind closed doors, what do you think the "GOP Insiders" are feeling?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Behind closed doors, what do you think the "GOP Insiders" are feeling?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Behind closed doors, what do you think the "GOP Insiders" are feeling?  (Read 2993 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxH_8Ep_ms

...this
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Most americans are socially conservative. This election will show this to be true. Running a real conservative will get more, not fewer votes. Running away from the position will destroy the party.

Most Americans are center-right on many social issues but don't think it's a good or important area for the government to muck around in.  This is the key takeaway of the dramatic change in views on gay marriage / civil unions - it's not that middle America has suddenly embraced the idea of two dudes in love, it's that they don't like the government telling people which way is the right way to live life.
Whacker77

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »

I mean the people who give us the big old smile and bs lines (i.e. the Palins, Boehners, etc).  Do you actually think they believe the crap they spout? Do you think they believe that victory in November is a good possibility or do you get the feeling that at the end of the day when the cameras and lights are off, they actually believe, "we're effed?"

Just wondering.

I don't really care what's taking place between Palin's ears, but I suspect Republican isiders are already drawing up contingency plans on how to save the House and Senate.  I'm sure it's becoming clear to them none of the Republicans are equipped to win.  Some may even be contemplating how to force a contested covention, but that's a long shot.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »

Social conservatism has been on a decline for many years.  It's a losing issue, and if Santorum makes it the theme of this campaign, he will lose in the general by a lot.  America as a whole is more center-right on fiscal issues and center-left on social issues these days.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies