House of Lies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House of Lies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of Lies  (Read 1104 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:00:18 AM »
« edited: October 22, 2009, 09:03:56 AM by Fyodor Glazunov »

Comrades, Atlasia is not a House of Cards it is a House of Lies. While members of the Rosencratz and Guildenstern Parties like to claim that this is a Golden Age... well... just look around you, comrades, look around you. The truth is obvious with those who have eyes to see it - and who's eyes are open.

This is not a Golden Age, it is an Age of the Machine. It is corrupt, hypocritical and fundamentally fradulent. The only reason for the levels of turnout (falsely claimed as an index of "activity") is the mass registration of large numbers of people with no involvement in the game in order to allow the Tweedledum and Tweedledee parties to win elections. We all know this is true, but complaints about it are highly selective (concentrated on the most blatant abuses rather than the actual problem - the symptom, not the disease) and miss the bigger picture. In reality the JCP might as well rename itself the AFDNC, because that is what it has become, and the Angel Dusters might as well rename themselves the AFRNC, because that is what they have become and because it doesn't sound as lolarious as PCP. The DA has so far largely shown itself to be an opportunistic collection of ambitious politicians who would choke in the machines and so operate outside it and yet are dependent on it and appears to have no real principles, while the LNF is not a proper political party but a loose confederation of the (rightly) disaffected.
The game itself is as sclerotic and crisis-ridden as it was a few years ago, but it's harder to notice that because new structures have papered over the cracks and covered up the smell. The game won't die though - in this respect the old reformers were wrong. It will, unless things change, continue in this mode of mindless, vicious, power politics and entrenched institutional conservatism as long as the forum itself exists. Like a tunnel of hate and greed. The game in its current state perpetuates a great illusion that fools the majority here because it is so overpowering, and because, once hooked, it is so easy to defend. But as far as I am concerned, it is reality or nothing. No more illusions - this might be fantasy but it doesn't have to be a fantasy.

The time has come for Revolution.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »

Revolution? We can hardly organised a piss up in a brewery :/
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »

That would make us... proper revolutionaries then.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »

lol
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »

I rather think that Atlasia is a chain of fools, myself.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »

I'd rather you not be brewing a piss up with me in proximity.  Water sports just aren't my thing Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies