To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:12:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: D+6 District, voted 55-40 for Hillary.
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: To All: Should Dan Lipinski be Primaried?  (Read 10645 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: August 29, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »

Yes. As said in the Cuellar thread, any dem voting the way cuellar and Lipinski do in a D+5 district or more should be primaried.
I want to address the argument that the people in this district are "socially conservative Democrats". The fact of the matter is that Dan Lipinski isn't that economically left-wing, either. It would be very viable to primary him with a more fiscally egalitarian, socially moderate candidate than a fiscally moderate, socially conservative congressman like Lipinksi.

Obviously and the fact that he endorsed Bernie for some unknown reason doesn't change that.
It's not unknown. Lipinski and several other representatives made a pledge to back whichever primary candidate won their district. This meant that you had Collin Peterson of all people backing Sanders. But this really does show something; if the district's Democratic base backed Sanders, and the district is relatively Democratic (meaning that Lipinski doesn't need much crossover appeal), then shouldn't a more fiscally egalitarian candidate not only be viable, but represent the district better?

For this reason, I'd like to see Justice Democrats target this district with a left-populist Catholic or something.
Is there a way to view 2016 primary results by congressional district? I've been looking for them but to no success.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies