UK Liberal Democrat leadership election, 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK Liberal Democrat leadership election, 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK Liberal Democrat leadership election, 2015  (Read 12840 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »

Anyway despite his religious views I think he's a good choice for the party.

Okay, I have question to the British posters:

Today, one Polish conservative website posted article about British media approach towards fact that Farron is practicing Chrisitan (heretic, but still). John Humphreys almost molested him with questions about religion, some bullsh**t articles on Guardian and strange interviews in other media. Why the hell British media have so big problem with that he is Christian? He is not even putting his faith into political activity and still journalists reacts like something awful happened. Moreover he is Anglican so he is from one of the most liberal religious near-Christian sects.

United Kingdom really have such problem even with its state religion? I really don't understand what is going on.

The UK has a particularly peculiar relationship with religion, which is partly a result of the way in which the Church of England has developed. It also might be a result of our general distrust of people who deeply believe in anything, which of course extends to religion. We're a strange bunch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies