The Election Weekend Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:23:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Election Weekend Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Election Weekend Discussion Thread  (Read 8303 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 08:55:04 PM »

On a somewhat related note, who the hell is Tomato Soup?

You know your typical member who posts maybe one or two times before an election and you never see them again until voting begins. I can't stand that stuff.

He's been away for a week and much of the summer. He got back yesterday. I know this because he is my neighbor, who like me is intersted in politics. True, he hasn't been very active in the forum recently, but there was a time when he was.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 08:55:10 PM »

Hes a registered voter.  He doesnt come around much, but us Democrats are always happy when he shows up to vote.  Smiley

Yes, of course, he shows up to vote and then doesn't participate at all.  Real support you have there....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 09:02:42 PM »

You know your typical member who posts maybe one or two times before an election and you never see them again until voting begins. I can't stand that stuff.

He's been away for a week and much of the summer. He got back yesterday. I know this because he is my neighbor, who like me is intersted in politics. True, he hasn't been very active in the forum recently, but there was a time when he was.

Ha, I knew you guys had to know each other because so convientley for Akno this vote just pops out of no where. Just like last election.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 09:10:29 PM »

Is Gustaf gonna come around and sticky all the voting threads?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 09:43:27 PM »

Another vote for Governor .Andrew just came in. I recieved 2nd preference and Handzus, 3rd preference.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2004, 09:43:58 PM »

Ha, I knew you guys had to know each other because so convientley for Akno this vote just pops out of no where. Just like last election.

It doesn't pop out of nowhere. He has made 43 posts, only 2 have been votes. That means he has made over 40 non-vote related posts.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 09:45:59 PM »

It doesn't pop out of nowhere. He has made 43 posts, only 2 have been votes. That means he has made over 40 non-vote related posts.

No Akno. The point is last time he voted in the special. Before that vote he hadn't posted in a month. Now he votes and he has only posted twice since the special election. It's very obvious that you told him about this election and requested a vote since he just happens to show up everytime you are running for something.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2004, 09:48:19 PM »

Andrew is back in...

If Andrew gets eliminated again Phil can win because that is second pref....
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 09:50:11 PM »

This is incredible.  A three way tie?!?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2004, 09:51:01 PM »

Yep
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2004, 09:55:43 PM »

2A is a big upset...Akno is losing to RReagan4Ever and MAS is only getting around 9%...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2004, 09:58:13 PM »

District 1 is a mess right now.

1st Preference gives a three way tie (4 votes each)

Head to head, it is:
KP 6
H  5

KP 4
.A 7

H  4
.A 4

It's s shame that at least one of Phil's supporters hadn't written in Handzus as their second choice so that each of the  three would be winning one of the head=to-head contests.  Looks like we might get to have the Supreme Court decide this one if the race can be kept this close, as I can see two potential issues for them to decide.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2004, 09:59:24 PM »

Quite exciting...
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2004, 10:00:16 PM »

No Akno. The point is last time he voted in the special. Before that vote he hadn't posted in a month. Now he votes and he has only posted twice since the special election. It's very obvious that you told him about this election and requested a vote since he just happens to show up everytime you are running for something.

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month" that is an outright lie. He needed to have 18 posts by July 23 to vote, and since he registered exactly a month before the election, your comment is false. He has not been very active the month of August, that is true. However, summer is the time when people go on vacation, and I assume that is where he has been.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2004, 10:03:02 PM »

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month"

He registered June 23rd. The next time he posted was the election on July 25th (he posted a couple times that day. Two or three times and then his vote). That would be about a month. So explain to me how that's a lie?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2004, 10:04:41 PM »

Handzus just pulled ahead. The tally is now 5 for Handzus, 4 for Keystone Phil and 4 for Governor .Andrew.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2004, 10:06:16 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2004, 10:06:56 PM by Senator Akno21 »

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month"

He registered June 23rd. The next time he posted was the election on July 25th (he posted a couple times that day. Two or three times and then his vote). That would be about a month. So explain to me how that's a lie?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=;action=usersrecentposts;userid=733;user=TomatoSoup

If that doesn't work, just go to his profile and look at his posts.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2004, 10:06:22 PM »

I'm sorry alittle error. Tomato Soup most recent post before July 25th was June 29th (still a month so I don't see how it's a lie)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2004, 10:07:40 PM »

And now Handzus26 is in the lead in district 1B, assuming that  RReagan4EVER's District 1B Senatorial vote doesn't get thrown out on a technicality.  If that happens, we have a mess.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2004, 10:09:17 PM »

And now Handzus26 is in the lead in district 1B, assuming that  RReagan4EVER's District 1B Senatorial vote doesn't get thrown out on a technicality.  If that happens, we have a mess.

RReagan4EVER can't vote in this election so why wouldn't it be thrown out?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »

I think not living in the district is a little more than a technicality Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »

I'm sorry alittle error. Tomato Soup most recent post before July 25th was June 29th (still a month so I don't see how it's a lie)

June 29th to July 25th is not a month. Close, but not a month. Basically, TomatoSoup had a period of intense activity, that time is gone now. He still participates, however. As I said before, it is possible he has been on vacation.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2004, 10:11:04 PM »

District 1-

Round 1:
Handzus26 5
.Andrew 4
Keystone Phil 4

Tie-breaker between .Andrew and Phil:
.Andrew 8
Keystone Phil 4
Keystone Phil gets eliminated.

Final Tally:
Handzus 26 5
.Andrew 4
Since none of Phils voters put either of the leading candidates as second preference.

As it stands now, Handzus26 would win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2004, 10:14:20 PM »

June 29th to July 25th is not a month. Close, but not a month. Basically, TomatoSoup had a period of intense activity, that time is gone now. He still participates, however. As I said before, it is possible he has been on vacation.

Oh don't give me that, Akno. It's not a month, I know, but he is absent for the longest time and then just so happens to show up to vote in your elections. Hmmmm you guys are neighbors right? Coincidence that he shows up and votes for you and disappears? So let me get this straight about the vacation theory...he joins, goes on vacation and the vacation happens to end when you are running. Then he goes on another month long vacation and comes back just in time to vote for you and others. Hmmm...am I the only one not believing that?
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2004, 10:14:55 PM »

Excellent, my lone vote appears to have been decisive.  Go Handzus!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies