Trends in IL - GOP Analysis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:15:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Trends in IL - GOP Analysis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trends in IL - GOP Analysis  (Read 3904 times)
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:29 AM »

Ah, my home state until 5 years ago.  I STILL know Illinois politics better than Virginia and Iowa politics.

I can't believe that the Republicans imported Alan Keyes as their Senate candidate.  Couldn't they have run one of the other Republican candidates?  Couldn't they have picked an obscure candidate?  Couldn't they just have run unopposed?  As a Democrat, I am gleeful that the party embarassed itself by running Keyes.  (One funny story I heard - When Republicans were passing out their GOTV flyers listing all their candidates, they excluded Alan Keyes from the list.)

The Republican Party really collapsed from the fallout of the driver license scandal, in which governor George Ryan was eventually implicated.  The importation of Alan Keyes really drove a nail into their coffin.

I'm sure the Republicans will be back, though.  The Illinois Democrats looked dead after the stunning defeats of 1994.  Let's hope the Republican Party cleans up its act.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies