Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:37:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Siren's Senate Office (Virginia City, NV): Thanks for all the Fish  (Read 12078 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »

Deeply disturbing news in Nyman my friends. I was disappointed to learn today that the House of Representatives has brought forward a resolution, declaring a state of war between the Republic of Atlasia and North Korea. This is especially troubling in light of the fact that the House has ignored the Draft Restriction Amendment that was painstakingly crafted in the Senate over two months ago in order to address the former chamber's previous complaints. This amendment would have allowed you, the people of Atlasia, the people who could potentially have to go fight in this war, the chance to have a say in the decision. Declaring war whilst simultaneously ignoring the amendment that would restrict the draft flies in the face of individual freedom. I will not stand by while our freedom is trampled upon like a flimsy rag in such a manner! I announce that I stand opposed to this bellicose war declaration until such time as the House sees fit to actually allow the people of Atlasia to vote on the Draft Restriction Amendment.
You have my full support in this regard, I'll advocate for the House to take action on this.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »

I agree that the draft is HP but North Korea did attack Guam (although Goldwater did strike North Korea first)
The attack on Guam happened after we and our allies repeatedly preemptively attacked North Korea first illegally without a declaration of war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies