2004 and beyond..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:15:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 and beyond..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 and beyond.....  (Read 26217 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: February 01, 2004, 01:24:04 AM »

No offense, but FDR was an idiot. I admit he did a few good things, but he was repeatedly informed of Soviet infiltration of our government and said that it could not happen. He would not believe it. He was even shown papers and proof. Well, it turned out that there were thousands of Soviet spys holding high government offices in our government. That was proved after his death. A bunch of them were his personal assistants and advisors. At one point, one of his vice presidents (not Truman, I forget his name) was a Soviet spy. Not too many people know this information because the majority of it was kept secret for a long time. He was shaking hands with Stalin and in his mind he was saying "I'm so glad that Russia and America can get along." At the exact moment, Stalin was standing there and in his head saying "Sucker." FDR would just not believe it.
He did only a few good things?  Please.  He brought the country out of the GREAT depresson, he brought down Hitler and eventually Stalin, and won four election decisively.  Reagan is nowhere near FDR.

That's garbage.  FDR sank the country deeper into the depression.  He set ridiculous price and wage controls, gave the unions power to do just about whatever they wanted, he destroyed vast amounds of crops and livestock to raise farm prices when untold millions around the country were STARVING!  This man was not a good president.  He was a complete moron who didn't know the first thing about economics.  He blamed investors for the Great Depression and continued to "punish" them with his policies throughout his time as president.  He regulated every facet of business and effectively killed any new business ventures through his meddling.  At best his policies simply made it hard for new jobs to be created, but more than likely his policies destroyed thousands, perhaps even millions of jobs.  Then of course there's FDR's constant trampling of the Constitution.  He governed by Executive Order, packed the courts with other incompetent New Deal sympathizers, and put the Japanese into internment camps.  What about this man deserves respect.  He was a fraud, a failure ("A miserable failure...) who rivals Johnson, Carter, and Nixon for the title of WORST PRESIDENT EVER!  
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 01:27:34 AM »

I've never really understood Kennedy-hatred. Teddy Kennedy I can understand, he really is a nutjob. But JFK was a great president, if only for one thing he did-Cuban Missile Crisis.

If he did nothing else that was good, at least he did this. He saved America from the most deadly situation it has ever been in.

Kennedy wasn't perfect, and I don't agree with all he did. He certainly in't my favorite POTUS. But he was truly great under pressure Smiley

But the Cuban Missile Crisis was of JFK's own making.  If he hadn't idiotically refused to give air support to the anti-Castro forces in the Bay of Pigs fiasco, there may not have ever been a Cuban Missile Crisis.  I certainly don't hate JFK, but the only reason he is considered a great president is because he was assassinated.  That's it.  The man was just as inept as Jimmy Carter and he was a real scumbag in his personal life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies