BRTD's county map predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  BRTD's county map predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRTD's county map predictions  (Read 28822 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Here's a state that'll be tough to predict, but that I seem to have a strange talent for predicting right if the primary is any indication:

Tippecanoe will go Obama, though it will be extremely close.  In 2004 Bush did only 1% better statewide than he did in the county, BUT the massive swing in Indiana towards Obama has occurred among industrial workers such as are found in Lafayette.  And Purdue turnout will be vastly greater this time around.

Marion needs a deeper shade of red.

I spend a great deal of time in Porter County, though mostly in the Valparaiso area, which appears to be heavily conservative Republican.  Unless there are some liberal areas with which I'm unfamiliar, I can't see it going Obama.  This was a Goldwater county, though oddly enough it was also a Clinton '96 county.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:14:53 AM »

Tippecanoe is possible, but I'm conservative with any 59% Bush county flipping.

Indiana is a 60% Bush state that is now a dead heat in the polls.  Also Tippecanoe has been trending Democrat compared to the rest of the state.  And there's the Purdue turnout.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »

Appleton and Green Bay were tough ones. I decided to trust Beef's judgment:

::heart::

Don't sweat over Brown (Green Bay).  Outagamie (Appleton) will be close, and Winnebago (Oshkosh/Neenah/Menasha) will be closer than close.  I still give them to Obama.

Upper Lake Michigan shore is also difficult to assess.  The rural culture is extremely traditional (I went to high school in rural northeast Wisconsin), but the cities/villages of Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Kewaunee, and Algoma should swing these to Obama.  There are progressive tendencies among a lot of the Catholics and Lutherans, and race isn't an issue at all.  Marinette County is a similar situation.  I decided to give it to McCain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies