What would it take for the Rockies/Great Plains to vote Democratic? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:12:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What would it take for the Rockies/Great Plains to vote Democratic? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would it take for the Rockies/Great Plains to vote Democratic?  (Read 3924 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: March 05, 2005, 06:50:50 PM »

I would like to say that you should probably separate the Rockies from the Great Plains, since despite their similar Republican margins, they are two very different regions. I would guess that the Rockies would favor a more libertarian candidate while the Plains would favor a more populist candidate...so I don't think the Dems can win both regions at once. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 07:02:52 PM »

I would like to say that you should probably separate the Rockies from the Great Plains, since despite their similar Republican margins, they are two very different regions. I would guess that the Rockies would favor a more libertarian candidate while the Plains would favor a more populist candidate...so I don't think the Dems can win both regions at once. Smiley
So why can the Republicans win both regions at once?
My guess would be because the Dems have run as liberals and managed to alienate both sides at once. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies