Chavez vows to close or take over private schools (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:45:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Chavez vows to close or take over private schools (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chavez vows to close or take over private schools  (Read 2901 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 20, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »

He's only attempting to reduce privilege, fellows.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:00:01 AM »

I support this. I supported Chavez altogether until he interfered with alcohol sales, now I oppose him because of that.

You support a school system that is openly and specifically geared to train students to be mindlessly supportive of a country's government?

Haha, that accurately describes the US school system, gabu.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »

You support a school system that is openly and specifically geared to train students to be mindlessly supportive of a country's government?

What do you think the United States school system does?

Is it just me, or has there been a noted increase lately of arguments of the form "X does Y, so it's okay for Z to do Y too"?

It's not just you. People seem to forget that two wrongs don't make a right.

No they don't.  People seem to forget there is no objective 'right' or 'wrong', just positions and interests.  So it is worth pointing out hypocrisy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:34:08 AM »

All the people comparing the American education system to the one in Venezuela are, quite frankly, plain idiots. The majority of the people on the forum are products of that education system, and most of you are left-winged. So you obviously weren't all that indoctrinated. Comparing your own middle-class left-wing intellectual society and upbringing to that of people living in a dictatorship is childish, immature and somewhat offensive. Seriously, grow up.

We must be extremely atypical, Gustaf, as we have no electoral influence or representation.  In fact of course most people remain indoctrinated into the 'liberal' (in the European sense) mentality, to such an extent that they really cannot even understand the opposing point of view about such things as 'private property'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:22:11 AM »

All the people comparing the American education system to the one in Venezuela are, quite frankly, plain idiots. The majority of the people on the forum are products of that education system, and most of you are left-winged. So you obviously weren't all that indoctrinated. Comparing your own middle-class left-wing intellectual society and upbringing to that of people living in a dictatorship is childish, immature and somewhat offensive. Seriously, grow up.

We must be extremely atypical, Gustaf, as we have no electoral influence or representation.  In fact of course most people remain indoctrinated into the 'liberal' (in the European sense) mentality, to such an extent that they really cannot even understand the opposing point of view about such things as 'private property'.
Unlike you I don't look down on "ordinary" people, so I would think the explanation is rather that people with a little experience come to realize that certain political iedologoies are very removed from reality and simply not very wise. Therefore, opinions such as yours don't have much electoral influence because few people agree with it.

But why do people think anything that removes the current controllers from their position of power is 'very removed from reality and simply not very wise'?  Because those controllers make it so, Gustaf.  Think about it you simple Swede, if you have all the money don't you think you probably have all the power too?  Otherwise how do you get and keep the money?  I know, I know, you're incapable of thinking outside the paradigm they indoctrinated you into.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies