CBO Estimates That Only 1.2 Percent of Americans Will Pay Obamacare Penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CBO Estimates That Only 1.2 Percent of Americans Will Pay Obamacare Penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBO Estimates That Only 1.2 Percent of Americans Will Pay Obamacare Penalty  (Read 1320 times)
rob in cal
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

I'm fascinated about the subsidy implications, and wonder just what a huge potential fiscal time bomb they will or won't be.  I for one may actually be one of those who ends up dropping my existing bare bones catastrophic coverage and get the bronze level coverage package, with much of the cost getting subsidized.  And yes, I may very well alter my working hours to keep within the sweet spot where my taxes aren't very high at all, and my subsidized mandatory health insurance is still subsidized at a high level.
     For me there may very well be a gigantic disincentive to work past a certain amount of money (around the low 40 k a year or so perhaps) in that at that point federal/state taxes begin to kick in at stronger levels combined with a decline in the subsidy.  Its a double whammy encouraging me personally to work less.  (I work as a delivery driver at the restaurant that I own a small part of and can easily adjust my hours to hit that financial sweet spot).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies