KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:40:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 59668 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: July 11, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

What a joke of an opposition party on the Senate level.

Usually agree with most things you say; but honestly what would you do differently as Schumer & co?

Like the Senate is a god awful place to work; both Bullock and Hickenlooper are ex governors in their 60s (so are hardly going to be lifers) who want the ego trip of running for President.

What can Schumer do to get them to run?  People seem to forget how egotistical, stubborn and tin eared a lot of politicians are- it's not like there's just a lever for Schumer to pull.

I think we tend to obsess slightly over recruiting; Strickland, Bredesen, Bayh, McSally, and lots of others were seen as great recruits where as people Jacky Rosen were at the bottom of Harry Reid's list to run

I'm not going to pretend to know the details of what has or has not been done behind the scenes because we as the public don't know that. Therefore, all I can do is expect results. Schumer hasn't gotten a single one of his recruits to run other than Mark Kelly and the candidate in this race.

As politics become more nationalized, there is no strategy to win back the Senate in the foreseeable future. Eventually, Manchin, Tester, Jones, Brown, etc are going to retire or lose.

Schumer seems frustratingly content. It's time to retire.

♪ One of these Senators' states is not like the others, one of these names does not belong. ♪
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 05:15:47 PM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

Usually agree with most things you say; but honestly what would you do differently as Schumer & co?

Like the Senate is a god awful place to work; both Bullock and Hickenlooper are ex governors in their 60s (so are hardly going to be lifers) who want the ego trip of running for President.

What can Schumer do to get them to run?  People seem to forget how egotistical, stubborn and tin eared a lot of politicians are- it's not like there's just a lever for Schumer to pull.

I think we tend to obsess slightly over recruiting; Strickland, Bredesen, Bayh, McSally, and lots of others were seen as great recruits where as people Jacky Rosen were at the bottom of Harry Reid's list to run

I'm not going to pretend to know the details of what has or has not been done behind the scenes because we as the public don't know that. Therefore, all I can do is expect results. Schumer hasn't gotten a single one of his recruits to run other than Mark Kelly and the candidate in this race.

As politics become more nationalized, there is no strategy to win back the Senate in the foreseeable future. Eventually, Manchin, Tester, Jones, Brown, etc are going to retire or lose.

♪ One of these Senators' states is not like the others, one of these names does not belong. ♪

Which one? All of them are solidly red, and only trending further.

1: Montana is trending blue.
2: You have to be willfully ignorant at best to think that Ohio is as red as West Virginia or Alabama. Not that we aren't trending red, mind. But it's an absurd leap.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 10:16:30 PM by THE BuckeyeNut »

Which one? All of them are solidly red, and only trending further.

1: Montana is trending blue.
2: You have to be willfully ignorant at best to think that Ohio is as red as West Virginia or Alabama. Not that we aren't trending red, mind. But it's an absurd leap.

I predict that we will trend to a little less red than Missouri and stay there for the foreseeable future.

I essentially agree. And apologize for derailing the thread to some degree.

Also, Mr. Illni, Steve Bullock is only 53, making him younger than Kamala Harris, who likely will be a Senate lifer if she isn't the nominee.

Did y’all know the DCCC tried to recruit Matt Jones for KY-06 last year, but he declined? I somehow doubt if he had lost to Barr by 5% that Senate leadership would be clamoring for him to get in the race against McConnell. A shame, because Jones seems to balance the flaws found Adkins—a good fit for the state with low national fundraising potential—and McGrath—the opposite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies