KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 59666 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« on: July 10, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »

Honestly, during her 2014 Senate Run, Alison Grimes should have lied and claimed that she voted for Romney in 2012 whenever asked about it. If she did, then the race would have likely ended up within 5 points, and could have gone either way.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:52:44 PM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

What a joke of an opposition party on the Senate level.

Usually agree with most things you say; but honestly what would you do differently as Schumer & co?

Like the Senate is a god awful place to work; both Bullock and Hickenlooper are ex governors in their 60s (so are hardly going to be lifers) who want the ego trip of running for President.

What can Schumer do to get them to run?  People seem to forget how egotistical, stubborn and tin eared a lot of politicians are- it's not like there's just a lever for Schumer to pull.

I think we tend to obsess slightly over recruiting; Strickland, Bredesen, Bayh, McSally, and lots of others were seen as great recruits where as people Jacky Rosen were at the bottom of Harry Reid's list to run

I'm not going to pretend to know the details of what has or has not been done behind the scenes because we as the public don't know that. Therefore, all I can do is expect results. Schumer hasn't gotten a single one of his recruits to run other than Mark Kelly and the candidate in this race.

As politics become more nationalized, there is no strategy to win back the Senate in the foreseeable future. Eventually, Manchin, Tester, Jones, Brown, etc are going to retire or lose.

Schumer seems frustratingly content. It's time to retire.

♪ One of these Senators' states is not like the others, one of these names does not belong. ♪

Brown may be less vulnerable than say Manchin or Tester, but let's not act like he isn't going to have trouble in future races - especially with the way Ohio is trending. His 2018 win showed him losing a lot of ground from his previous two runs.

He did slightly better statewide in 2018 than he did in 2012.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 04:58:24 PM »

I genuinely don’t think he has the mental capacity to understand the difference. Either that or he’s trying WAYY too hard to save face over his previous assertions of Texas definitely NOT trending blue

If you ask me, it just sounds like he’d rather Democrats try to win homogeneous white areas over diverse ones, but whatever
He thinks 70 year old retired white factory workers who watch InfoWars are a more viable long term strategy than white progressives in Austin and Dallas, or low propensity black voters in Houston, or first time Latinx voters in Phoenix, or the burgeoning Asian electorate in Atlanta.

We must fight for people who will be dead in 10 years, in states that are becoming less and less electorally relevant (if they aren't already)

Absolutely dumbfounding. And don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be able to compete in Ohio and Missouri, but at some point ya gotta accept the fact that these people just don’t like Democrats anymore. It’s an exercise in futility to expend more effort trying to turn back time in those places over going with the path of least resistance in growing states like AZ, TX and GA where most the new people moving in or coming of age are overwhelmingly Democrat
I doubt Ohio will ever trend any more Republican than it became in 2016. On a Demographic level, Trumps coalition in the state is inherently unstable. He ran up the score in the rural areas of the state to the point of winning every single voter that would ever be willing to vote Republican in any circumstance. These areas happen to be losing population; so success based on reliance on these voters becomes harder every cycle. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati and Columbus Metros, basically the only areas of the state that are gaining population continue to trend Democratic, and will continue to do so as urban expansion continues, and as the areas diversify even more. The only part that is truly difficult for Democrats is that they need to get decent margins in urban area in Northern Ohio. Democrats need strong margins in places like the Toledo and Cleveland Metros. If the trends in the Cincinnati and Columbus Metros continue; then Democrats only need to get their margins back up in Urban Northern Ohio to take back the state; with no need to regain any of their lost ground in rural Ohio to win the state back.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 10:36:50 AM »

Here is a Bold Prediction of note: Democrats have better odds of defeating Mitch McConnell than they do of re-electing Doug Jones in 2020.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »

There has never been a better time to be a political consultant looking to get their rake off than for leftists under Trump. The amount of money being thrown at these unwinnable races is insane
At least Republican have a few unwinnable races of their own where they are wasting tons of money.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »

I don’t know what’s so attractive about running for a nomination forthe right to get publicly humiliated by McConnell. Unless it’s solely for the graft
Is it really so unimaginable to you that he thinks he can win?
He thinks Bevin will win by double digits, he's not exactly the brightest.

You think Elliott County is more likely to vote D than Tarrant County

In the US Senate next year, yes.
In the Presidential Race, no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies