has right wing radio gone to far? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  has right wing radio gone to far? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: has right wing radio gone to far?  (Read 6002 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »

The thing is that radio stations don't want to have liberals on the show, because they don't generate much viewership.  Why do we want to force the stations to put liberals on the show?  Why don't we do the same for the LA Times or NY Times?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »

The quality of right wing talk radio is really very poor. Even Medved has tanked in quality. What gets ratings I guess is inimical to quality. Or maybe the talk show hosts really do lack peripheral vision or something. Hugh Hewitt in particular  is such a pathetic partisan agitprop hack. Does anyone disagree?

My dad used to be a close friend of Dennis Prager, and almost went into business with him.  I think that his show is really hackish, but it still prompts me to see the other side of the equation, and he is a really awesome debater IMO.

Honestly, I don't really think that it's so fair of you to say that when newspapers like NY times and the mainstream media in general (besides talk radio) are very hackish.  We don't we give a fairness doctrine to the mainstream media?   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies