Clinton Takes on Sanders Hecklers in NY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:45:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Takes on Sanders Hecklers in NY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Takes on Sanders Hecklers in NY  (Read 2560 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 31, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »

https://youtu.be/8qRT1NjmelU?t=11m32s

Some Sanders supporters started chanting, "She wins, we lose."

Clinton responds, "I know the Bernie people came to say that; We're very sorry you're leaving!"

It gets increasingly high energy from there.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WRECKED.

Yeah, but they don't really count because most of them are Confederates.

Yes, we know how all of those rural southern blacks voted in favor of seceding from the union.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »

Meh... not "presidential," to say the least. For a lot of reasons, I am increasingly glad that I'm not voting in a state that will be competitive in the general election,
I wish we were all as privileged as you to allow Republicans to criminalize abortion and roll back gay marriage.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »

Meh... not "presidential," to say the least. For a lot of reasons, I am increasingly glad that I'm not voting in a state that will be competitive in the general election,
I wish we were all as privileged as you to allow Republicans to criminalize abortion and roll back gay marriage.

You don't know me, and your candidate is not entitled to me vote. Spare me the condescending pieties.

I can tell you this: My vote isn't going to change because of how anyone's online supporters have treated me, but if I do choose not to vote for Clinton, the behavior that we've seen throughout this election from posters like you, Lief, Mondale, and bedstuy will have made me feel markedly more comfortable about doing so. Reflect on that before assuming the worst about anyone who disagrees with you.
You whining about maybe voting for Clinton just confirms everything I suspect to be true about you. Feel free to keep disliking my posts on AAD and flouting your undeserved and smug intellectual superiority. She wins, you lose.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »

Hillary lost me a long time ago, I will probably be voting Green this fall or not at all.
I mean, you've been one of the most consistent peddlers of the Clinton email scandal, so no one is exactly fooled.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:13 PM »

You don't know me, and your candidate is not entitled to me vote. Spare me the condescending pieties.

I can tell you this: My vote isn't going to change because of how anyone's online supporters have treated me, but if I do choose not to vote for Clinton, the behavior that we've seen throughout this election from posters like you, Lief, Mondale, and bedstuy will have made me feel markedly more comfortable about doing so. Reflect on that before assuming the worst about anyone who disagrees with you.
You whining about maybe voting for Clinton just confirms everything I suspect to be true about you. Feel free to keep disliking my posts on AAD and flouting your undeserved and smug intellectual superiority. She wins, you lose.

Crazy thought: People don't have to support candidates they don't like.
Well, by that logic, Clinton has the most votes so she must be the most liked.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »

Crazy thought: People don't have to support candidates they don't like.
Well, by that logic, Clinton has the most votes so she must be the most liked.

More like I'm assuming the people that have voted for Clinton so far do not dislike her. With recent comments like this, it is understandable that some people dislike her. That is not good for her because people are probably less likely to vote for someone they dislike. Clinton is not entitled to a single vote, and she must earn every single one. She really shouldn't be making comments like this that are turning off the people she needs to win over, and comments like yours directed to disaffected Democrats certainly do not help.
Clinton is scoring better on Pew's party unity metric that Obama did in 2008, and he had little to no trouble consolidating support among Democrats outside of places like Arkansas and West Virginia. She is not going to have trouble getting the vast majority of Democrats behind her, and general election polls clearly show.

I do have a question though, and that is why you don't apply the same standard to Sanders? He and his supporters constantly guttersnipe us as paid for shills who obviously must be in the pocket of the big banks or whatever. He insinuates everyone that disagrees with him (a clear majority of Democrats) is corrupt. Don't you think that is more of an obstacle to consolidating support than Clinton calling out some hecklers for being idiots?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »

This from the guy who dislikes posts with poll results he doesn't care for.
I disliked your commentary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies