PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:16:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted  (Read 16249 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

ooops...the ATM camera caught the guy changing out of a "Joe the Plumber" shirt to an Obama tshirt right before the attack....looks like a McCain plant
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

A BLACK man mugged a WHITE WOMAN.  

therefore, we better vote for McCain.

I gotta admit, that IS how some of the posters here are sounding.  Rather than simply decrying the viscious and criminal attack perpetrated by ONE Obama supporter.

To be fair, folks on the left were quick to throw McCain under the bus for the racist acts of his crowds.

I'm sure Obama abhors this act, but I think questioning who represents a candidate's core constituencies is in bounds, as long as it doesn't descend into blanket prejudices.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »

Breaking News

Woman who was mugged - Is the baby her's or her daughter's?
BREAKING NEWS

One Obama supporter is a violent thug/criminal, Obama and supporter's entire message of change is undermined
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

A BLACK man mugged a WHITE WOMAN.  

therefore, we better vote for McCain.

I gotta admit, that IS how some of the posters here are sounding.  Rather than simply decrying the viscious and criminal attack perpetrated by ONE Obama supporter.

To be fair, folks on the left were quick to throw McCain under the bus for the racist acts of his crowds.

I'm sure Obama abhors this act, but I think questioning who represents a candidate's core constituencies is in bounds, as long as it doesn't descend into blanket prejudices.

Absolutely.  Which I also condemned.  John McCain doesn't have a racist bone in his body.  And I am still waiting for someone to prove the scurrilous allegation that Sarah Palin refers to Barack Obama as "Sambo".  And by proof, I mean something other than a liberal blog.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

One Obama supporter is a violent thug/criminal, Obama and supporter's entire message of change is undermined

Well, remember how the racists at the McCain rallies embodied every McCain supporter?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »

I don't think you Republicans should be whining and moaning about this at all.  It was a despicable act.. and it was especially cruel because of the political motivation behind it...

But so was the murder of the "liberals" at the Unitarian church and the murder of the head of the Arkansas Democratic party.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »

DRUDGE:  OBAMA SHOCK: Robber was one of Obama's half-brothers
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »

hey guys, whats going on in this topic?
elcorazon

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »

settle down everyone.  at this point, this really isn't much a story, beyond a mugging.  this is reminding me of so many other stories that get the wackos on all sides yammering at each other when the real story is of an individual wacko.

Let's not make this a political issue.

For the record, I felt the same way about all the stories of the wackos going to Palin and McCain rallies.  Only distinction was the groupthink aspect of them and the fact that it seemed to keep happening, but basically it was loonies from the fringe.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

McCain himself can't be responsible for everything said, but a) those people were actually McCain supporters attending a McCain rally (and not someone identified by an Obama supporter after the fact with no witnesses as such), and b) people criticized Palin's rhetoric for stirring them up.

That's for another thread, though.

A question for you and other Republicans: looking at the picture, do you take this woman at her word that the B was scratched into her face by an "Obama supporter"? Or do you admit there's some doubt there?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

Well, remember how the racists at the McCain rallies embodied every McCain supporter?
Of course they didn't. They did represent a small but significant of McCain's base, however, that was being emboldened (and still is) by the divisive and angry rhetoric of John McCain, Sarah Palin, and other Republican operatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

Just in to CNN...

Mugged woman has ties to controversial pastor but Muslim rumors persist.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

More here...

The story from KDKA says that, "according to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face."

http://kdka.com/politics/McCain.Campaign.Worker.2.847449.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

Of course they didn't. They did represent a small but significant of McCain's base, however, that was being emboldened (and still is) by the divisive and angry rhetoric of John McCain, Sarah Palin, and other Republican operatives.

And believe me, pal - there is enough divisive and angry rhetoric on your side as well.

The story from KDKA says that, "according to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face."

I knew she was a fascist.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »

didn't obama say tell his supporters to "get in their faces"

uh oh
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »

OMG this is all because of Sen. Obama. Death to Obama!! Please... Roll Eyes
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »

uh oh

dude, don't steal OReily's thunder
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

Is there any way to ban the use of the word "divisive?" It is just so lame. Politics is all about being divisive. Yes, I know sometimes you hear of politician mouthing "bring us together," but we all know that is jive, unless "us" is meant as 51% of the voters.

In any event, I am proud to say that I have never used that word on this forum (and I use a lot of words), of if I have, it has been solely in the mode of being derisive of divisive. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »

One thing this does tell me - Can't say anything bad about Obama in the next four years in my neck of the woods.  Smiley
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »

McCain himself can't be responsible for everything said, but a) those people were actually McCain supporters attending a McCain rally (and not someone identified by an Obama supporter after the fact with no witnesses as such), and b) people criticized Palin's rhetoric for stirring them up.

That's for another thread, though.

A question for you and other Republicans: looking at the picture, do you take this woman at her word that the B was scratched into her face by an "Obama supporter"? Or do you admit there's some doubt there?

There's always doubt.  I have yet to see anything substantive that impugns her, however.  (I'm in the legal profession, so I'm all about reasonable doubt and burdens of proof.)

I'm not going to get into the rest of your comments, because they are silly.  I have yet to understand how McCain or Palin "stirred up" bigots.  There are bigoted Republicans, and bigots generally say a lot of stupid things, especially when presidential candidates are concerned.

Unfortunately, I think a political rally + opposition candidate is black = racist garbage in parts of this country.  Do you want the GOP to just give up the election because Obama is black and anything they do could hypothetically inspire a bigot?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

A backwards B?

TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »

uh oh

LOL
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53:44 PM »

One thing this does tell me - Can't say anything bad about Obama in the next four years in my neck of the woods.  Smiley

dude, *IF* Obama loses, just color yourself dead.  I may put an Obama bumper sticker on my car just for protection
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »

*reads many replies*

I am surrounded by mentally ill people.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »

Do you want the GOP to just give up the election because Obama is black and anything they do could hypothetically inspire a bigot?

No, no... and I know a lot of the "Obama is a Muslim" stuff comes up from the grassroots and there's not much the McCain campaign can do to rein it in. However, calling him anti-American, talking about him palling around with terrorists, that dovetails well with the worst anti-Obama crap out there and stirs people up to hate him for being a weird foreigner who hates America. Is that what you consider a constructive argument to use against Obama? There were plenty of others... calling him inexperienced wasn't racist, neither would pointing out that his running mate is owned by the credit card companies and has stupid ideas about foreign policy. I never bought that calling him a celebrity was racist, either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies