PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:37:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted  (Read 16295 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Breaking News

Woman who was mugged - Is the baby her's or her daughter's?
BREAKING NEWS

One Obama supporter is a violent thug/criminal, Obama and supporter's entire message of change is undermined

Well, remember how the racists at the McCain rallies embodied every McCain supporter?
Of course they didn't. They did represent a small but significant of McCain's base, however, that was being emboldened (and still is) by the divisive and angry rhetoric of John McCain, Sarah Palin, and other Republican operatives.

Is there any way to ban the use of the word "divisive?" It is just so lame. Politics is all about being divisive. Yes, I know sometimes you hear of politician mouthing "bring us together," but we all know that is jive, unless "us" is meant as 51% of the voters.

In any event, I am proud to say that I have never used that word on this forum (and I use a lot of words), of if I have, it has been solely in the mode of being derisive of divisive. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »

More here...

The story from KDKA says that, "according to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face."

http://kdka.com/politics/McCain.Campaign.Worker.2.847449.html

But it is on the left side of her face no?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »

Do you want the GOP to just give up the election because Obama is black and anything they do could hypothetically inspire a bigot?

No, no... and I know a lot of the "Obama is a Muslim" stuff comes up from the grassroots and there's not much the McCain campaign can do to rein it in. However, calling him anti-American, talking about him palling around with terrorists, that dovetails well with the worst anti-Obama crap out there and stirs people up to hate him for being a weird foreigner who hates America. Is that what you consider a constructive argument to use against Obama? There were plenty of others... calling him inexperienced wasn't racist, neither would pointing out that his running mate is owned by the credit card companies and has stupid ideas about foreign policy. I never bought that calling him a celebrity was racist, either.

Barack's associations with Ayers and Wright and Rezko are of course fair to comment upon. It is up to each voter as to how much weight to give it. I know what weight I give it: I don't care much, except that Obama mischaracterizes and dissembles about the facts, and is quite the disingenuous opportunist, but hey, that describes a majority of politicians - you bet it does.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2008, 06:21:19 PM by Torie »

Yes, Lief, but think of the names I have to endure as a lawyer who doesn't pay his fair share. Thank heavens I am not an Evangelical, who likes to hunt, and drive an SUV, to boot, and live on a tobacco farm in the sticks, or I would be the veritable Great Satan in some quarters of the public square. Just grow a thicker skin and suck it up Lief. It comes with the territory of being alive, and in particular, being alive and interested in politics.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies