Kerry: "None of your business!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:15:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry: "None of your business!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry: "None of your business!"  (Read 13691 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 15, 2004, 12:37:26 PM »

So, first Kerry tells us that certain world leaders have told him they want Bush defeated, then tells us it is none of our business to know their names?

---

Secretary of State Colin Powell started the debate when he spoke on “Fox News Sunday” and was skeptical of Kerry’s claim.

“I don’t know what foreign leaders Senator Kerry is talking about. It’s an easy charge, an easy assertion to make. But if he feels it is that important an assertion to make, he ought to list some names,” said Powell. “If he can’t list names, then perhaps he should find something else to talk about.”

The theme was raised by Cedric Brown, a participant in a town hall meeting in Pennsylvania. He wondered whether Kerry was meeting with foreign leaders “to help you overthrow the Bush presidency.”

Pressed repeatedly by Brown, Kerry finally declared: “That’s none of your business.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4531796/

---

Just goes to show you that if Bush could comminucate, he would drum Kerry by 20 points.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 10:50:53 AM »

He was probably a heckler (I don't think the word spy is really appropriate), and of course both sides do this all the time, even at like the city councilman longshot candidate of Nowheresville's barbecue.

Kerry, however, handled this entire episode badly. He messed up by saying these people had endorsed him (true or not), messed up again by hiding names, and he looked, at least on TV, like he was really mean to this fellow.

Was this episode on TV?  Obviously, I guess it was.  Dang, I missed it.  The "None of your business" line would have been very entertaining.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:45:54 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2004, 11:47:54 AM by jmfcst »

Yeah ... he came off bad.  Honestly he shouldn't have mentioned the "other world leaders" thing.  But now that he did you truly can't expect him to "name names".  This administration is nothing if not vindictive.  I don't think I'd give up my worst enemy to them unless that person were planning on harming someone (or had already done so).

Oh come on, everyone takes advantages of gaffs.  The point is that Kerry doesn't have sense enough to control his mouth even though his statement is probably true.

If Kerry doesn't name them, Kerry looks bad.  If Kerry does name them, Bush is helped because Americans (on average) don't like the idea of foreigners tinkering around in American politics (kinda like me calling foreigners on this board "busybodies").

And regardless if Kerry names them or not, Kerry looks dumb for making the comment.

It's a WIN-WIN-WIN for Bush.

What's more, Kerry is compounding the problem by accusing Bush of changing the subject from the jobless recovery when, in fact, it was Kerry that made the comment in the first place.  LOL!
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 11:53:53 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2004, 11:55:23 AM by jmfcst »

I, for one, very much appreciate the foreign input on this forum

Well, it does make for a more entertaining forum...but my point was that the American public ain't gonna like foreigners trying to influence American elections.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 11:57:52 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2004, 12:01:45 PM by jmfcst »

It would be a GOP wet-dream for the leaders of France and Germany to endorse Kerry, adding to his list of foreign endorsements that include NKorea !!!

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 12:12:27 PM »

Bush in having a field day with this...

"If you're going to make an accusation in the course of a presidential campaign, you ought to back it up with facts," Bush told reporters in the Oval Office after meeting with Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende of the Netherlands.

Kerry, meanwhile, dismissed White House suggestions that he is lying if he is not willing to identify the leaders.

"I'm not making anything up at all," Kerry told The Associated Press in an interview Monday. He accused Republicans of "trying to change the subject" from jobs, health care and other issues.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=694&u=/ap/20040316/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_16&printer=1

---

Aside for the fact that it was Kerry himself that introduced us to this topic of discussion, one of his advisors needs to suggest that he STOP responding to this question even if he has to admit that he shouldn't have mentioned it.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »

"If you're going to make an accusation in the course of a presidential campaign, you ought to back it up with facts," Bush told reporters in the Oval Office after meeting with Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende of the Netherlands.

---

Notice that Bush's jab was made during a photo op of a state visit with a foreign leader!  That's a political HOME-RUN!!!!

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 12:18:25 PM »

Nice, where did you see/read that?

It's in the same yahoo news story I posted in the previous post.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 04:23:44 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2004, 04:25:10 PM by jmfcst »

"This president needs to stop
changing the subject by
responding to my silly comments.
My comments are none of his
business."

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 05:35:08 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2004, 05:36:24 PM by jmfcst »

KERRY: NO FOREIGN ENDORSEMENTS, PLEASE... Kerry Foreign Policy Advisor Rand Beers issued the following statement today: "...It is simply not appropriate for any foreign leader to endorse a candidate in America's presidential election. John Kerry does not seek, and will not accept, any such endorsements"...

---

I am still trying to digest this statement..I find the statement, at the very least, a little presumptuous (except in the case of NKorea) and highly arrogant, even more so considering that Kerry is the one who claimed many leaders have privately endorsed him.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 06:00:26 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2004, 06:02:53 PM by jmfcst »

I am still struggling with the Kerry Foreign Advisor statement.  I need to see the context the statement...if the statement was simply a response to a reporter's question, then it was dumb...but if it was given in the form of a press release, it is EXTREMELY stupid.

Why would Kerry want to give this story more airtime by admitting his original comment amounted to no more than boasting about some unnamed leaders’ inappropriate remarks, therefore painting a picture of Kerry accepting shame as if it were to his glory?!!!

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 06:48:33 PM »

Rolling on floor laughing
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 01:36:12 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2004, 01:37:01 AM by jmfcst »

jmfcst,
Can you give a link to this story?
Thanks.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114568,00.html

Kerry "rejects any association" with Mahathir, "an avowed anti-Semite (search) whose views are totally deplorable," said Kerry foreign policy adviser Rand Beers in a statement.

“This election will be decided by the American people, and the American people alone.  It is simply not appropriate for any foreign leader to endorse a candidate in America’s presidential election. John Kerry does not seek, and will not accept, any such endorsements,” Beers said.

---

Well, now we know the context, LOL!  The endorsements were so embarrassing, Kerry's campaign had to distance itself.

So far, Kerry's foreign endorsement list includes:

1) NKorea
2) Malaysian's avowed anti-Semite Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad
3) Spain's newly elected "we rather surrender than fight" President Jose-Luis Rodriguez Zapatero

Who's next on the Kerry endorsement list, bin Laden himself?!

Like I said, this little fiasco is a WIN-WIN-WIN for Bush.  Keep it coming! LOL
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 01:45:31 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2004, 01:45:46 AM by jmfcst »

Mahathir Mohammed's widely publicized comments at last year's meeting of the organization of the Islamic Conference recognized that the Jews effectively controlled the West in various interconnected ways and were using this power to eternally suppress the development of the Islamic World. PM of Malaysia for 22 years.

You're not saying you agree that the Jews control the West, are you?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2004, 11:49:15 AM by jmfcst »

[On vacation], Mr. Kerry could not entirely escape the hazards of the arena he had left behind. He had just sat down for a bite to eat on the crowded patio near the [ski]
lift line when a waiting skier, John Norris, shouted: "Hey, John! What foreign leaders talked to you?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/19/politics/campaign/19KERR.html?ei=5062&en=ebf890a7a4528650&ex=1080277200&partner=GOOGLE&pagewanted=print&position=

---

Another case of laughing at the "superior" intellect...LOL!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies