Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN  (Read 53414 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:48 AM »

Emperor Mikado* had decided to go on the offense. On Mainland Asia dual attacks were launched, both to the North and to the West.

In the pacific theatre dual assaults were also employed, with most naval forces directed against the American forces around Hawaii, with Japanese air forces thrown in for good measure. Further to the South a bold attack on the British naval forces was also launched.

*This just had to be, sorry for historical incorrectness
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:27 AM »

The Chinese fought valiantly, destroying two thirds of the Japanese ground forces but in the end were forced to surrender to their new overlords.

In the North the Russians gave up without a fight at the mere sight of the Japanese onslaught.

In the South, the battle was fierce and hard-fought from both sides. In the end the Japanese stood triumphant at a costly victory - all that remained was the Japanese battleships. The Southeastern hemisphere had been cleansed of allied ships.

In what was to be known in America as "The Second Pearl Harbour" the Japanese lost a mere submarine while wiping out an American carrier, fighter and submarine.

Overall, Japan could celebrate having wiped out a total of 61 net IPC for the enemy.

(you only get this map for non-combat moves. You can open it in a tab and enlarge it though)

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »

The Japanese were lucky in all the battles except the naval battle against the US, where they were unlucky, but not extraordinarily so.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »

The Japanese air forces returned to their bases, bombers landing on Caroline Island, and fighters gathering on the Chinese mainland. More troops embarked on the voyage to the Asian mainland, prepared for the fierce battle awaiting to liberate the rest of Asia from imperialists and Bolsheviks.

While Japanese scientists failed at developing Heavy Bombers, further mobilization began - a fresh army corps supported by an armored corps, together with new flotillas of transports and submarines.

As before, you can open in a new tab to zoom in on the picture (I believe this might not work with IE though).

US, welcome to the game! You have all (except Mikado Wink) been very quick so far so I'm pleased with the speed of the game. Let's keep it that way!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »

The Americans bear was finally awakening. The whole Eastern Air Command was devoted to cleansing the Atlantic of German submarines and went about their task with commendable thoroughness. Soon the Atlantic was in Allied hands.

This paved the way for the more daring American move - an immediate assault with all available units on Algeria. While suffering light losses the defending German forces were quickly swept aside and an American presence in the African theatre was suddenly threatening the Germans from behind. When Roosevelt sent the news to London there was no question as to who was the most relieved over the outcome of the American endeavors.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

Gentlemen, I have in my pm box both the US non-combat moves and the Soviet combat moves (kudos to Junkie for sending those in so early - if anyone else ever ends up in a similar situation (i.e. you know the preceding player's non combat moves won't affect you) feel free to follow his example).

Unfortunately, I'm not at my home computer so I will update later tonight, Swedish time.

I'd like to take this moment to congratulate all of you for this first turn - I've seen no big mistakes, some interesting moves, speedy updates and a fairly balanced game so far.

As we open round 2 we have the Axis with a narrow lead in units (82 v 79) and total unit value (539 v 529) but the Allies ahead in total production (91 v 75). 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »

The Americans moved their Atlantic fleet eastward to protect their transports.

The submarine-hunting fighters moved to the British Isles to support their brethren.

Finally, armed forces were mustered on the East coast...

...while naval forces were mustered on the West coast

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »

The Red Army knew they were fighting for their lives. Not just against the Germans, but also against the wrath of Stalin, should they fail in their attempts to recover the lost ground. The isolated tanks in Belorussia attempted to break out through West Russia, with aid from Archangelsk infantry while the hapless infantry divisions were left behind to sacrifice their lives for the revolution when the German forces started their inevitable assault on Belorussia.

Meanwhile, most of the forces amassed in Moscow poured out of the Russian soil to overcome the German armour in Caucasus and reclaim the vital industries of the South.

The German infantry in Belorussia gave their lives dearly for the Fatherland and the Führer, leaving only the Russian tanks on the battlefield. The German tanks in Stalingrad, however, surrendered after only a token defense.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »

Stalin had ordered the move of all infantry around Moscow towards the Southeast, in Novosibirsk. Whether this was to keep the bureaucrats in the capital in perpetual terror or whether the soldiers had displeased him and were being deported to Siberia was anyone's guess. Meanwhile, the lost panzers of the previous battles were replaces by a seemingly endless stream of fresh tanks rolling out of the Soviet factories.

In the Far East, the garrison in Vladivostok decided to leave their positions and join the firewall in Yakut.

The Russian navy, still oblivious to the British navy's gentle hint of constantly moving out without telling them, continued to follow them around like a fawning groupie.

Germany's turn! This is probably the most important turn so far in the game and could spell the difference between doom or defeat. I mean doom and disaster. Or, whatever. You get the picture. Bacon King, let me know if there is any extra information you need, since it's such an important round. Keep in mind that you can open the map in a new tab and zoom in on it (although I'm told it doesn't work with internet explorer).

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

No problem. This is a sufficiently important turn that a little extra suspense is in order. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 04:00:14 AM »

Hitler was enraged by the British. He had always thought of them as an Aryan kindred spirit and could not help feeling disappointed by the stab in the back delivered by the British. As revenge he had ordered his forces to go on the offensive. He wanted the Brits out of the North Sea and out of Scandinavia. And out of Africa. Worried officers tried to explain that the last part was impossible to achieve yet, since Africa was too big.

Undaunted, the other goals were aimed at with the fervour that only Hitler's rethoric could inspire in men. Naval and air forces swept into the North Sea while ground forces entered Finland.

Further South, armoured divisions charged through Africa, racing each other for getting first to South Africa, by ending in a disappointing tie.

A grumbling Hitler eventually caved to the high command and also allowed an attack on Belorussia to keep the Soviets on their toes.

The naval battle was fierce and ended in the bloody destruction of both fleets. Seeing their lines to the British Isles cut off, the British troops in Scandinavia meekly surrendered.

In Belorussia the initial infantry attack was repulsed with the German infantry wiped out. Only when the tanks and air support came belatedly to the scene did the Russian positions get overrun.

Non-con moves please!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »

The victorious German fighters over the North Sea landed in the new German power base of Goebbelsgrad. The German fighters in Belorussia moved to the Ukraine while those German forces not already there moved to the front in the East. In Africa the infantry in Egypt moved to Libya to stave off a potential American assault. An industrial complex to counter the British presence in Africa was then constructed, while tanks and infantry were mobilized, mostly in Germany but also in Italy.

Britain turn 2, go ahead!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »

I guess the map suddenly decided to turn great. Too bad it messes up the page. /:

Statistically, the Axis now have the edge in units (82-78) and TUV (526-509) while the Allies remain ahead in production (89-77).

IPC on hand:

Soviet Union: 26
Germany: 44
Britain: 31
Japan: 34
US: 41

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »

I just realized that we never decided that on beforehand. I think we'll play towards major or total or perhaps to when one sides decides they have no chance anymore.

We're not going to play to minor unless every player agrees to it, since it affects strategy so much.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 05:38:54 AM »

Having no navy left (almost) it was now up to the RAF to rule the waves. In cowardly attacks on unprotected German transports in the Baltics and Japanese ones in the Malaysian Straits the enemy ships were easily sunk. In Asia, the hapless Japanese forces met the horrible fate of death by drowning.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

Well, you can't say I didn't try and hint a little bit. /:

Anyway, British non-combat moves are in and were not particularly exciting. The RAF cowards, with glorious actions such as the liberation of Norway now being nothing but a distant memory returned to their home bases. The scattered remnants of the British navy gathered safely north of Ireland together with newly built transports, while armour and infantry were deployed in South Africa to keep Africa a bastion of freedom.

In India industrial capacity was deployed to prepare the war against the Japanese.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »

Hey how come the RAF is cowardly for taking out of single transports, while the German navy recieved no such negative comments when they attacked a defenseless transport in Canadian waters?

A submarine against a transport is nowhere near as cowardly as 2 fighters plus one bomber against a transport. Tongue

And the submarine had nowhere else to go. And it was cowardly killed by American air force on the next round.

Anyway, I am trying to keep the neutral log as well, just so you know. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 04:22:40 AM »

The remaining Japanese infantry with support from all the air units on the mainland continued their relentless assault on the Chinese intifada. The outnumbered Japanese infantry, not knowing their way around the Sinkiang deserts all died from lack of water, but the Chinese infantry, unable to hide was massacred by the Japanese fighter planes, gunning them as they ran for non-existent cover like headless hens.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »

The Japanese now mustered their naval units around the Caroline Islands, while also moving most of the air force to New Guinea, their work in Hawaii done.

The successful air units in China flew South to Indochina.

Further north fresh armour and infantry were transported to Buryatia, further strengthening the Japanese position there, while the rest of the new recruits, in spite of the last experience of infantry boarding transports, fearlessly sailed out on the seas. Wise from experience the transports were now protected by the entire Japanese navy.

While industrial capacity was developed in Manchuria, infantry and submarines were mobilized to keep Japan strong and sun-rise-y.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 04:13:18 AM »

The Americans continued to invade Africa, apparently figuring it to be the kind of thing that never gets old.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »

The American pacific navy decided to chill out in Alaska to keep the lonesome infantry there company.

A new industrial complex was constructed in Sinkiang to bolster the Chinese resistance. New transports were constructed on the East Coast and aircraft carriers on the West coast.

Finally, the Americans, being the good buddies they are, sent their fighters in Britain to Moscow to help defend the Russians and their Atlantic ships to Britain to help the Royal Navy.

Soviet's turn!

You have 26 PUs. Allies are ahead 90-76 in production and 83-81 in units.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 05:32:24 AM »

Tb75 has told me that he must drop out due to other things going on in his life. So, if anyone wants to take over the US send me a PM or post in this thread to that effect.

On to Soviet's turn. A shaken Stalin decided to take a more cautious approach. Forces were sent to aid the Chinese battle for freedom (although those remembering Stalin's meddling in the Spanish Civil War were not overly thrilled).

Infantry and artillery were mobilized and the front slightly reshuffled to prepare for the German onslaught.

Bacon King, let me know if you want specific pictures, but since there was no combat and I was in a hurry, I decided not to. You have 44 PUs.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »

Yeah, my apologies for that.

I'm tired and stresses, and the combat moves were pretty uneventful, so I'll just do the world map for now.

Germany took Archangel and West Russia, losing 1 infantry in the process, while killing the two Russian infantry in those territories. They also made an amphibious assault on Algeria to retake it.

Non-combat moves now, hopefully they will be less slow from both Bacon King and me. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »

Plenty of non-combat moves from Germany. Basically, more troops were moved to Norway, France and Egypt. Troops were mobilized in Egypt and Germany.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies