Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:37:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 169881 times)
UncleSam

« on: November 29, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »

Didn’t they say we would get more details on what they’re looking at today? Has a time been posted anywhere?
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:03:22 AM »

These disingenuous posts, with their repetition, are crossing the line into trolling. I suggest you reconsider.

If people see trolling behavior on these threads, please report to the mods.
Since when is stating a fact trolling. Even if you invalidate every single absentee ballot from Bladen County Harris still wins. The people of the ninth clearly chose Harris lol, that’s not trolling.

Of course, this should still be investigated and if someone committed fraud they should be thrown in jail. But the county is just too small to have had an impact on this race’s outcome.
UncleSam

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »

These disingenuous posts, with their repetition, are crossing the line into trolling. I suggest you reconsider.

Since when is stating a fact trolling. Even if you invalidate every single absentee ballot from Bladen County Harris still wins. The people of the ninth clearly chose Harris lol, that’s not trolling.

Of course, this should still be investigated and if someone committed fraud they should be thrown in jail. But the county is just too small to have had an impact on this race’s outcome.

Not true in the primary. Harris may not even be a legitimate nominee.
The primary was decided by 800 votes. Again, if you entirely invalidate the votes they are investigating Harris still would’ve won. It’s just simple math.
UncleSam

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »

Not true in the primary. Harris may not even be a legitimate nominee.
The primary was decided by 800 votes. Again, if you entirely invalidate the votes they are investigating Harris still would’ve won. It’s just simple math.

That's not how math works my friend.  Sure, if you don't count the votes from that county the Republican may be winning, but what if the Democrat won more votes than the Republican in that county?  So invalidating votes from the county isn't a fair solution.
It is literally impossible for the Democrat to have won enough votes in the absentee vote in that county to have won the election. The Democrat would’ve had to win 300% as many votes as there were total absentees to win the election. That is how math works.
UncleSam

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:09 PM »

This also shows how useless voter ID laws are since they do nothing to prevent absentee ballot fraud,  which is where the vast majority of voter fraud (The little of it there is) occurs.
It’s where the vast majority of prosecuted* voter fraud is.

Neither you nor any other living soul has any idea how many non-citizens vote in California. Again, no one has ANY idea - I’m not saying it definitely happens because I don’t know, but I also know that you don’t know it doesn’t happen because there would be no way of knowing.

The point of voter ID laws is to know for sure who votes in our elections. The point against them is because Dems know that in as much as we don’t know, whoever is sliding through the cracks is likely voting for their candidates by large margins.

When you offer driver’s licenses to anyone and then only require a deiver’s license to vote, it is not unreasonable for an outsider to think that maybe the state doesn’t care about non-citizens voting. Look up the laws and requirements in California if you don’t believe me.
UncleSam

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 06:02:12 PM »

Richard Burr jumps on the "redo the election" bandwagon.

Shame, I expected better from him.
Can we temp ban bagel from this board for clear concern trolling. When the ing republican senator says he trusts the board but bagel calls it stealing it's clear that bagel is concern trolling
Do you know what concern trolling is.

Literally any time someone disagrees with the hive mind here the brainless rabble calls for a ban it’s like the French Revolution in Internet forum Shape.
UncleSam

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

Hot take: this election is proof of why voter fraud isn't endemic in America: to steal enough votes to make a difference, like these guys apparently did, you have to trigger a million alarm bells. Fraud on the scale necessary, as committed here, leaves a gigantic paper trail.
That is false. Fraud on an institutional level raises alarm bells sure. But fraud on an individual level raises practically no alarm bells because we have set things up so that there aren’t any alarm bells in the first place.
UncleSam

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 06:21:03 PM »

Why would Cooper veto that outside of blatant partisan motivation though? There always should’ve been a rerun of the primary in such an instance.
UncleSam

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 03:49:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bpr.org/post/nc-politics-roundup-republican-supermajority-comes-end

Nothing really new here, but seems to fall in line with coverage that Republicans seem to be coming back around on supporting Harris.
I mean it is common sense that if the fraud was not known about by Harris and did not alter the outcome that the result should be certified. The only reason to think otherwise is because one desires the alternative outcome.

However, the investigation is not completed and neither assumption necessary for the above to be the case is known or even (IMO) likely. I strongly suspect that Mark Harris had some idea of what Dowless was up to and was more than happy to turn a blind eye to the immorality of it if he could deliver him votes.

It is about as likely Harris ends up in a prison cell as that he ends up in Congress at this point.
UncleSam

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »

How does this compare to prior elections? I know Dems need to be significantly ahead in these to have any chance but how far ahead would they typically need to be?
UncleSam

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 08:07:06 PM »

It looks like MacCready narrowly won the drop from Mecklenberg- gained about 200 votes off of the 12% drop. That's probably not enough if Union remains as strongly R in the ED vote as it has been, but who knows with so many precincts still out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies