Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:24:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 128929 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: February 19, 2019, 03:08:35 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

It’s ALL OVER Facebook, and Bernie is smashing records left and right.

I love Sanders but someone as terrible as you being so enthusiastic for him is turning me off and making me ashamed of my support.

Great. What will it take for you to burn your bumper stickers? Should I endorse him too?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:47:37 AM »

Also, to be against nuclear power is extremely stupid. It's safe, extremely reliable, cheap and environmentally friendly. Why hate science?

Nuclear power may be the least likely to have a failure, but it's the only power source where a failure can and will kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of people, create massive exclusion zones, and cause environmental catastrophes that take tens of thousands of years for the radiation to go away.

It's also not cheap. Nuclear power plants are incredibly expensive, and also very slow to build.

Only two nuclear accidents have ever actually killed people. The first was Chernobyl, and I have confidence that we can build a power plant better than the Soviets did. The second was hit by an earthquake and then a tsunami.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »

Actually this is a legit issue. What's stopping a bunch of prisoners voting for a candidate(DA) who promises more lenient sentences or looser laws on say sexual assault? It's such a can of worms especially considering a lot of prisons are in rural areas and prisoners often outnumber the people that actually live there.

That's nuts; that's like saying that if we let welfare recipients vote they'll just keep voting for candidates who promise more handouts from redistributive government policies.

Wait a minute...
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:27:44 PM »

Hilary was the supposed to win, Biden, he didn't do anything from the time he left office to the time he's running for Prez. He skipped the CNN Town Hall.

So, the DNC is not putting all the stops to stop Bernie this time

Every single post you have ever made on this site has had multiple typos.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »

Quote from: Harper
That’s especially true when Bernie makes statements like, “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age. I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for.”

It's horrifying that these activist factions want to make the Democratic Party a place where this statement is controversial. You're building a party on identity hustlers and their dupes.

At the moment, Biden, Sanders, and Buttigieg collectively account for a large majority of primary support.  It's no coincidence that they've had such success in a crowded primary while doing less to pander to these toxic tendencies than anyone else in this crowded field.

This is the crux of what I'm saying personally i'm the wrong leftie to talk to about affirmative action, because both my parents got screwed over hard by it.

Nice to meet you CJ Cregg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YjoSMwVOXQ (Ok, idk if CJ Cregg would really be a leftie but whatever.)

Love the reference.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 06:17:02 PM »

Sanders officially endorsing Newman over Lipinski.

It's his first congressional endorsement of the cycle. Third presidential candidate to back Newman after Gillibrand and Inslee.

Sanders copying the homework of the blonde girl from New York yet again. Tongue

Yeah, the second-place candidate is definitely working day and night to court Kirsten Gillibrand's five supporters.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »

Crazy Bernie proposed cancelling all student loan debt. I think we're just about done here. Really amazing how low quality this gigantic field is. Rivals the non-Trump 2016 GOP.

Tell me how this is a bad idea? If we could afford a $2.3T tax cut, why can't we afford to relieve $1.5T of student debt?

We can afford both, but neither is a good use of public wealth. This is toxic stuff. Democrats will rue day the day that Warren introduced this no-good, awful, very bad idea to the electorate.

Why is cancelling student loan debt a bad use of public wealth, in your opinion?

It's redistribution targetted toward a narrow group of people, most of whom need it less than the median American. It does nothing to address the underlying causes of student debt. It's also politically toxic. Bankruptcy protection, public service forgiveness, and income based repayment should be enough here.

This program is so expensive that we would do more good splitting the money evenly and writing every person in the country a check. There's no shortage of better proposals: single payer health care, two years of tuition-free post-seconsary education or training, high speed rail, climate change preparedness, primary health care expansion, Social Security expansion, the list goes on and on and on. The idea that we would have no idea what to do with additional public funds without a student debt jubilee is beyond ridiculous.

This is what people tend to overlook the most when looking at this proposal. The PBS Newshour did a piece on how most of these debt packages would go to the children of white, upper-middle-class suburban families, but people are acting like this is some kind of redistribution policy to assist the poor and needy. Even if you want these kinds of government handouts, shouldn't your primary goal be to help people who are in a bad financial situation through no fault of their own, not people who chose to go into debt voluntarily?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 07:01:54 PM »

Bernie batting out for working class rapists! Good job pandering to female voters.

https://twitter.com/TheStagmania/status/1148703777081450496
Stop. I don't like him and even I know damn well he didn't mean it like that. Attack him on the issues. Stop making stuff up and intentionally misconstruing words.

Bernie should be able to articulate his message better by not making it seem apologetic to sex offenders. When he tweets like this and his infamous Trump voters are not racists election tweet he loses ground with the people he needs to compete in the primary.

Nobody else on Earth read it that way. That tweet doesn't make any apologies for sex offenders, and you'd have to either have malicious intent or a concerning lack of reading comprehension skills in order to interpret it like that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 02:01:07 AM »

Seriously, I can't fathom why Atlas doesn't lap this stuff up. Bernie is like a candidate tailor-made for the demographics of this site and yet Dems on here shun him just to be counter-edgy.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 04:14:39 AM »

Why are people so up in arms (no pun intended) about Sanders protecting gun manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits? In what other industry can a company be held responsible for the deliberate misuse of their product?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »

As far as Russian trolls go, Sanders has cornered the market, again.
Though admittedly many of them are doing double duty for Tulsi this cycle.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 06:48:16 PM »

Bernie is absolutely right. Most of the world's ocean pollution comes from just ten rivers in Africa and Asia, and Africa's population boom is just beginning. We should be trying to make abortions accessible for people in those countries, especially the ones where the birth rate is hitting an average of seven children per woman (Niger, Mali, etc). If you have a problem with people exercising their reproductive rights just because it might be more popular in non-white areas of the world, I guess I just have no idea what your priorities are.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 11:36:19 PM »

This is such an... interesting exchange.

Despite being absolutely the right position, saying we wouldn't ban fracking "overnight" would get any other candidate destroyed by Bernie world. But then of course he pivots back to his stump speech saying the climate crisis is an immediate threat. Then why is banning fracking overnight not viable? Such a bizarre answer.

But assuming he's serious about not implementing an immediate fracking ban (whatever that even means... pretty obviously this wouldn't be legal), good on Sanders for taking the sensible position. Ya hate to see Bernie taking a more sensible and feasible position than my girl Liz.

I haven't listened to this interview yet but I'm looking forward to it!

He'd obviously ban new fracking, but old fracking would be grandfathered. That's just like how the Chevron refinery with a shoddy safety record next to the San Francisco bay in Richmond, CA would never be allowed to be built today, but it's grandfathered in.

Hey now, don't you talk that way about the Richmond refinery. There's no causal evidence that it was responsible for that particular cancer cluster.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »

Linda Sarsour is a singularly evil woman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies