Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:40:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144240 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 04:35:07 PM »

If Moore ends up losing this, the story of this campaign should be called "Alabama and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Candidate".
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »

59 Alabama ministers sign letter saying Moore is not fit for office:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »

So why doesn't Moore sue her for defamation, as he's threatened to do against his accusers?  Then he could have the yearbook examined as part of discovery. 

(He won't sue, of course, for the same reason Trump has never filed the threatened suits against his own accusers.  Discovery works both ways.)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 06:40:42 PM »

To me the year book and the 2 other autographs look totally different.

I doubt that any of us here are either experts or unbiased observers. 

As I said earlier: if Moore thinks the yearbook is a forgery, he has a legal avenue that would force it to be examined.  All he needs to do is file the defamation suit he's already threatened, and have it examined by the Court.

If he doesn't do this, then all his claims about the yearbook are just blowing smoke.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 11:39:01 AM »

This is at the top of the Sunday front page of the Birmingham News:

STAND FOR DECENCY,
REJECT ROY MOORE

Doug Jones is the only candidate worthy of representing Alabama

Followed by their editorial endorsing Jones (full text at http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/11/our_view_alabama_voters_must_r.html)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »

More on Moore's longstanding reputation regarding young girls:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »

Most media endorsed Hillary too...and in Missouri, it went to Koster...

Wow I guess AL.com did actually endorse Clinton in 2016. But Jones still needs good turnout in the Birmingham area to be able to win, so it should help at least a little.

I didn't realize this earlier, but the Huntsville Times and Mobile Press-Register are also owned by AL.com and published the same editorial as the Birmingham News.  Those are the three largest newspapers in Alabama.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »

Observations:

1. A few people here believe the allegations against Moore are false.
2. The majority appears to believe they are true.
3. Neither side is ever, ever going to persuade the other based on what we know now.

Suggestion:

Unless and until new evidence comes to light, stop rehashing the same stuff over and over again.  This will probably help lower your stress level. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »

Did something happen? No new polls? Is this just Atlas being Atlas?

No, no, yes.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »

How about taking the discussion of Greedo's life and plans to its own thread?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:39 PM »

Trump’s endorsement makes this race Safe D

Serial assaulter Donald Trump defends serial pedophile Roy Moore.
I cannot picture this news changing the mind of anyone.

Yeah, the only surprising outcome would have been if Trump didn't endorse him.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »

Listen I get why people don’t like Moore but all of you always hated him. I have supported from the day the run off primary to now. I do not agree with everything he says but I support him because he will vote how I would vote.
The scandals made you hate him Moore get it Moore.

No, lots of us hated Moore long before this ever came out.  He's been thrown off the bench TWICE for violating valid court orders.  This is a blatant disregard for the rule of law.  He's stated that a Muslim should not be allowed to sit in Congress.  This is a blatant disregard of the Constitution's provision that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

Greedo, I want you to answer the following three questions publicly in this thread.  They all have simple yes/no answers.

1. Do you believe in the rule of law?

2. Do you support the Constitution of the United States?

3. Do you believe that both of the above are more important than any partisan position?

If the answer to all of the above is Yes, then I urge you to reconsider your support of Moore in that light.  
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »

From a GOP strategist, re Doug Jones:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »

Listen I get why people don’t like Moore but all of you always hated him. I have supported from the day the run off primary to now. I do not agree with everything he says but I support him because he will vote how I would vote.
The scandals made you hate him Moore get it Moore.

No, lots of us hated Moore long before this ever came out.  He's been thrown off the bench TWICE for violating valid court orders.  This is a blatant disregard for the rule of law.  He's stated that a Muslim should not be allowed to sit in Congress.  This is a blatant disregard of the Constitution's provision that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

Greedo, I want you to answer the following three questions publicly in this thread.  They all have simple yes/no answers.

1. Do you believe in the rule of law?

2. Do you support the Constitution of the United States?

3. Do you believe that both of the above are more important than any partisan position?

If the answer to all of the above is Yes, then I urge you to reconsider your support of Moore in that light.  
He had every right for both of those,
First of all if you’re offended by the Ten Commandments then you have serious issues considering almost every country follows what it says. The gay marriage licenses should not have been issued since Alabama voted to ban gay marriage.and yes the Ten Commandments is not unconstitutional since the Ten Commandments from the 1600s to 1980s were in every class room and the founding fathers who were all reportly deists allowed it in schools.

So your answer to at least #1 is No, then.  OK, I'm done trying.  Have a nice life.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »

You are being way too hard on Greedo.

Several years ago a young 17 year old gave a fiery pro GOP speech.  A year latter I heard he had become a fiery Democrat.  LOL

Teenagers are not necessarily set in their ways.  I would suggest tolerance and persuasion.

That's what I've been trying to do, but I'm giving it up as a lost cause.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:00 PM »

It would be nice to go one day on Atlas where everyone doesn't go from being suicidally overconfident to lighting themselves on fire in a ritual panic over the course of 24 hours.

Are you trying to bring about the collapse of civilization?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »

A new poll has Moore up by 7%

https://altoday.com/archives/19835-exclusive-roy-moore-rebounds-in-polls-as-accusations-are-discredited

To be seen as reliable it needs to be confirmed.

The same article references a statement by a lady, claiming she was a waitress at Old Hickory from 1977-1979, that Moore never came into the restaurant.  Not sure how she knows never.

Just wanted to give y'all a little heartburn.

Do we know anything about this pollster?  They're not listed in 538's ratings.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2017, 11:11:50 AM »

"As allegations are discredited"

A lot of new "pollsters" are suddenly appearing for the this race that I'm sure we'll never see again. I only care about the ones that have been consistently polling the race - Fox, JMC, Change Research, Emerson.

Well I am glad someone here recognizes Fox polls are not bogus.

Please note I said this new poll had to be confirmed.

I think most of the experienced people here recognize that Fox polling is quite good.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »

How about taking the social justice debate and other non-Alabama topics to another thread?  At this rate, we're going to need a 3rd edition of this one before election day.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

FWIW (basically nothing!), my friend went home to Alabama for Thanksgiving and said she basically only saw Doug Jones signs in every neighborhood she drove through, including very Republican suburbs.

Senator Gillespie (now governor elect) agrees.

And Congressman Ossoff.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 10:03:59 AM »

New poll coming this week:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »

When will the winner be inaugurated? I would burst out laughing if the Tax Bill was set to pass 50-50 and then Jones takes office the day before the scheduled vote and ruining it for Republicans.

I believe (but can't find a citation) that the Alabama SoS has said that the election probably won't be certified until the first week of January at the earliest.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »

From a Birmingham News reporter:

The attacker was later identified as Moore's campaign chairman for DeKalb County.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »

When does the JMC poll come out. It's still trash, but at least it's not fake trash that was formed a few weeks ago for the purpose of setting the narrative. National and local fox polls are what I would put the most stock in, though.

No later than tomorrow, supposedly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies