The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:51:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239181 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: January 16, 2018, 09:18:50 AM »

There is a lack of funding for Boomers Social Security and Medicaid payments.

Importing a lot of poor people from Latin America who need welfare and have lots of kids who will need welfare as well is not going to solve that problem, it's going to make it worse.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #826 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:54 PM »

Wow. Roll Eyes Don't even try to pretend this cuts both ways. Democrats, or at least most Democrats I know, would never support or vote for one of their own if there was a chance that person was a sexual predator. Meanwhile, a huge number of Republicans wouldn't care if their guy raped children so long as he pedals all the racist, sexist, warmongering nonsense they love to hear.
At this point he isn’t exactly wrong

Wow. Roll Eyes Don't even try to pretend this cuts both ways. Democrats, or at least most Democrats I know, would never support or vote for one of their own if there was a chance that person was a sexual predator. Meanwhile, a huge number of Republicans wouldn't care if their guy raped children so long as he pedals all the racist, sexist, warmongering nonsense they love to hear.

The simple truths mine is that way. ->

Stated like true, blind partisan hacks! Wink

Seriously, are all pretending we don't have a million "HERE IS WHY AL FRANKEN RESIGNING IS BAD" threads? Or how the only well-known rape accuser that's publicly acceptable to call a liar is Juanitta Broadrick?

Not just a liar. She called Hillary’s defeat her “victory in my decades long struggle against the abusive, manipulative Clintons” after Election Day on Facebook. Democrats flooded in response, calling her a pig, a sl*t, a b*tch, and many, many other names. Let’s not pretend that Republicans have done anything remotely comparable.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #827 on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »

Not just a liar. She called Hillary’s defeat her “victory in my decades long struggle against the abusive, manipulative Clintons” after Election Day on Facebook. Democrats flooded in response, calling her a pig, a sl*t, a b*tch, and many, many other names. Let’s not pretend that Republicans have done anything remotely comparable.

Trumpbots literally threatened the life of David French and his wife because they didn't like what he wrote about their overlord.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #828 on: January 16, 2018, 11:41:26 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #829 on: January 17, 2018, 09:40:03 AM »

Centrism has been under attack for a long time. The last truly median voter theory election was 2000. I will always believe that Bush struck first. The country was united behind him with 90% approval ratings (about 70% enduring) and then he, politicized 9/11 in the run up to the 2002 midterm elections and used it to pummel moderate Democrats and send us to war. Thus the myth of the "loser DLC centrist who can't get anything done" was born. The NetRoots arose, said that the centrists weren't moving the "Overton Window", while on Atlas moderates were called disingenuous "heroes." A hue and cry went up that continues to this day for Democrats to "stand on what they really think instead of this wishy washy nonsense." The notion is that compromise is somehow morally bankrupt instead of part and parcel of politics, and that a noble loss is better than a partial win.

As far as the Internet getting worse, progressives were the first offenders here IMO, as tumblr feminism started really radicalizing by late 2013/early 2014. Remember the whole #CancelColbert nonsense. But the real revolution was about a year later when #GamerGate changed the game. Suddenly the conservative majority that apparently was always there took over the Internet. They attained the majority on 4chan (used to be more libertarian/apolitical), YouTube, Twitter, and even Reddit, temporarily assembling a coalition to oust CEO Ellen Pao. SJW became a pejorative and the Trump movement came along in mid-2015 and the rest is history. That is where we are now. As far as centrists, they are nowhere to be seen. Maybe on sites like Reason.com or on the "uncool" MSM. But there is very little organic centrism online these days.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #830 on: January 17, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »

Jesus Christ was accused of starting a cult too.

You can refer to us as that, it's been dine before. Christ prevails.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #831 on: January 17, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

-Making casual sex, one-night stands, and hookups unacceptable again

Frankly I agree with this, I think most of Western society's problems can be traced back to the Sexual Revolution, at least indirectly.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #832 on: January 17, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »

I think if Corbyn had been prime minister after World War Two rather than Atlee or Churchill, the UK would’ve joined the Soviet block.

I dont find that absurd at all
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #833 on: January 17, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »

Blinded partisan remarks that ignore the truth because they don't fit in his little fantasyland bubble

Democrats love their sexual predators.

Just ask all the Dems who still love folks like Bill Clinton, John Conyers, and Al Franken.

Let's not forget the super Dem state of California:
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/24/sexual-harassment-allegations-california-democrats-306231

And those are just a small handful of examples.

Stop pretending you're a member of some special FF party when you guys are just as bad as the other guys.

R A D I C A L  C E N T R I S M  intensifies
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #834 on: January 17, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »

Blinded partisan remarks that ignore the truth because they don't fit in his little fantasyland bubble

Just ask all the Dems who still love folks like Bill Clinton, John Conyers, and Al Franken.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/24/sexual-harassment-allegations-california-democrats-306231

Stop pretending you're a member of some special FF party when you guys are just as bad as the other guys.

Just because "both sides" has become a fun meme for the forum's hacks doesn't mean it can't, sometimes, be true.  Plenty of Democrats hold elected Dems to a lower standard than elected Republicans.  (P.S., you can't say, well so do Republican voters now!!!!)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #835 on: January 17, 2018, 04:03:50 PM »

Another shameless Dem hack who can't accept the truth appears!

At least we can all get a good laugh from triggered Dems on here who pretend their party is some magical group of folks who would never sexually harass or assault anyone, defend someone who does, or even vote for said person, despite plenty of examples proving otherwise.

Seriously though, this type of behavior is unacceptable no matter which party someone is affiliated with (and as I mentioned before, it's been proven that yes, both sides actually do it).

Y'all need to get off your high horse and take off your blinders.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #836 on: January 17, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #837 on: January 17, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »

-Conservatives
-Nat Sec hawks
-People who get butthurt when Dems are primaried
-Transphobes
-BUT RUSSSSSSSIAAA hysteria victims

All of my least favorite groups of people, all united for one goal.

I'm confused. You support Russia meddling in your country's elections with coordination from the president and a major political party?

There's a difference between being slightly concerned and using Infowars style conspiracies to shout down every voice that challenges the multinational oligarchy, like you're doing.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #838 on: January 17, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »

I would strap 45lb plates to my ball sack and swim up the Arctic river full of ravenous pirahans in the winter so I can wrestle a polar bear on a 2x2 iceberg just to put my name in a hat with 1 million other names for a chance to hear you fart through a walkie talkie, M'Lady.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #839 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »

This is easily the worst interpretation of the First Amendment and understanding of the US legal system I have seen all year:

All the Americans commenting in this thread should remember that, under the US "Free Speech" Smiley Smiley Smiley jurisprudence, the perpetrator also couldn't have been convicted of anything beyond arson, because hey, antisemitism is an opinion and therefore is protected by muh First Amendment. Smiley Smiley Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #840 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:52 PM »

Out of this field, Castro, then Oprah, then Patrick

No White Males, and No Gabbard, please.
What exactly makes a white male bad?

If we want to combat racism we can't keep giving Whites positions of power.

For that matter, if we want to combat sexism we can't give men positions of power either, but Kamala Harris and Tammy Duckworth aren't on this list.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #841 on: January 18, 2018, 02:38:07 AM »

PA is not gerrymandered. If Hillary won CD-6 CD-7 and CD-8 then how could it be gerrymandered ? At the same time PA-17 and PA-9? The seat with Charlie dent voted for obama in 2012 so clearly dems can win the seats.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #842 on: January 19, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »

At least we can all get a good laugh from triggered Dems on here who pretend their party is some magical group of folks who would never sexually harass or assault anyone, defend someone who does, or even vote for said person, despite plenty of examples proving otherwise.

Seriously though, this type of behavior is unacceptable no matter which party someone is affiliated with (and as I mentioned before, it's been proven that yes, both sides actually do it).

Still waiting for that citation of 90% of Democrats voting for a pedophile in the modern era...
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #843 on: January 19, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »

Still waiting for that citation of 90% of Democrats voting for a pedophile in the modern era...

Still waiting on you to address my original statement, but I guess it's easier for you to try and flip it when you can't be bothered to come up with a real argument against my point. 

And you can't claim to be in a party where pedophiles haven't been supported when you've got folks like Bob Menendez and his love for underage hookers.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #844 on: January 19, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »

R A D I C A L  C E N T R I S M  intensifies

Still waiting on you to address my original statement, but I guess it's easier for you to try and flip it when you can't be bothered to come up with a real argument against my point.  

And you can't claim to be in a party where pedophiles haven't been supported when you've got folks like Bob Menendez and his love for underage hookers.

I guess you didn't see my reply. I'll re paste it for your convenience. Smiley

Thanks for posting directly into the thread. I notice you didn't actually cite an instance of 90% of Democrats voting for an exposed pedophile in the modern era. Only a vague "some Dems" who still love <a bunch of people that aren't exposed pedophiles and multiple who were also forced into resignation.> You'll have to try a bit harder than that.

As for Menendez, you're really using a completely discredited right wing smear as your talking point? lol

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Remember when "Bernie Bernstein" tried to use paid fake accusations against Roy Moore and the media didn't publish them because they lacked credibility? Yeah, so don't even try to use the "muh media bias!!1!!" talking point either.

And by the way, even if it WAS true, he hasn't been up for re-election since then. On top of that, most people don't know about it because it was LITERAL FAKE NEWS (Wink), so why would they? Meanwhile, 90% of Republicans in Alabama were well aware that Roy Moore is a pedophile and gladly voted for him anyway.

Anyway, I've obviously never denied that the Democratic Party has plenty of bad people, both in terms of their voters and their politicians. But until 90% of them do something as egregious as vote for a pedophile out of pure tribal partisanship, your false equivalence holds no water.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #845 on: January 19, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »

Manning should be executed for treason I will gladly vote for Cardin

Endorses Cardin
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #846 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »

There is a lack of funding for Boomers Social Security and Medicaid payments.

Importing a lot of poor people from Latin America who need welfare and have lots of kids who will need welfare as well is not going to solve that problem, it's going to make it worse.

Most of the problem is rising per person costs, and immigrants contribute quite a bit to our economy (even if they aren't denied benefits despite paying taxes). And even if that weren't true, people from other countries have the same rights as people born on US soil. Latin America isn't the primary source of immigrants anymore, and IIRC more latino immigrants are leaving then coming at this point.

And seriously? "Importing" people from Latin America? Who "need welfare and have lots of kids who will need welfare as well ". My god that's racist. I'm guessing you're from upstate NY?

Where did this insane idea come from that people from Mexico have just as much right to collect benefits from the United States government as people born in the United States? No one is advocating for the right of people born in the United States to collect benefits paid for by Mexican taxpayers, nor should they be.

Undocumented immigrants don't even get benefits. Even if they did, why should right to food and medical care be determined by country of origin? All people have a right to a quality life. Plus,  Immigrants work for American companys and pay American taxes ( if you're getting govt. benefits, you definitely pay all your taxes), so why should they be denied the American benefits citizens who make the same contributions get?

Because you can't help everyone. Resources are limited. We can either help our own citizens or we can give progressively worse and worse services to an ever increasing number of immigrants who will only stop coming when America is not noticeably nicer than the third world. The process is already starting. It's why America does not have as high a standard of living as Europe, because Europe had closed borders. Now of course they are opening their borders up and their living standards are coming down to our living standards and both of our living standards are coming down to Mexico's. This is bad. I want to live in a rich country. I want my fellow citizens to live in a rich country. I do not want to live in a poor country.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #847 on: January 20, 2018, 01:18:15 AM »

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #848 on: January 20, 2018, 02:17:51 AM »

Did you even look at the thread? This is supposed to be a hypothetical election infobox thread. I created a completely hypothetical, fun one. While I’m a Melenchon fan and I can’t stand Macron I’m also smart enough to realize he’d never win by those margins.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #849 on: January 20, 2018, 07:29:46 AM »

Macron is great.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies