How loyal are Romney's NH supporters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:25:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How loyal are Romney's NH supporters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How loyal are Romney's NH supporters?  (Read 1063 times)
porker
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.26, S: -7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »

By that, I mean how likely would they be to switch support to Huntsman in the case that he spends his personal wealth on attack ads and presents himself as a credible alternative?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »

I'd never vote for Huntsman in the primary, only in the general if it came down to it.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »

Why do Huntsman and Romney hate each other? Huntsman goes after Romney all the time....you'd think they'd like each other being fellow Mormon ex-governors whose families are connected
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

Why do Huntsman and Romney hate each other? Huntsman goes after Romney all the time....you'd think they'd like each other being fellow Mormon ex-governors whose families are connected
Ironically, they're similarities are why they hate each other, they're both competing for the same voters. 
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2011, 05:48:59 PM by Dereich »

Because Huntsman and Romney are both going after the same constituency within the party, namely moderates and non tea partiers. EDIT: Ninja'd

As for the main question, I'd say that Romney's support is on a much firmer footing then, say, Cain's in South Carolina. He's got a favorite son effect, views in line with the state GOP's, and a frontrunner aura of invincibility propping up his poll numbers there. I wouldn't really expect votes to fall to Huntsman unless some big scandal brought Romney down. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »

Ironically, they're similarities are why they hate each other, they're both competing for the same voters. 

I believe it's more personal, a family feud of sorts as they are related. For example, Romney and Huntsman wanted the Salt Lake Games Organizing Committee chairmanship, Romney got it while Huntsman didn't.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »

We stick just as well as Mitt Romney sticks with his positions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies