GOD FORBID Obama is not 2012 nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:25:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  GOD FORBID Obama is not 2012 nominee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOD FORBID Obama is not 2012 nominee  (Read 961 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:25:09 AM »

Reason I say God Forbid is because despite the fact that I disagree with him politically I wish NO ILL towards the man.

I am asking this because Intrade has means to bet on Biden and Clinton to be the 2012 Dem Nominee.  Clinton is in lead but I think Biden would get it. Would only make sense would it not? Maybe some behind-the-scenes deal for him to only serve one term?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:53:08 AM »

Reason I say God Forbid is because despite the fact that I disagree with him politically I wish NO ILL towards the man.

I am asking this because Intrade has means to bet on Biden and Clinton to be the 2012 Dem Nominee.  Clinton is in lead but I think Biden would get it. Would only make sense would it not? Maybe some behind-the-scenes deal for him to only serve one term?

Indeed, God forbid!

If I were in the Secret Service, Barack Obama would be the nightmare scenario as President because of... enough said.

Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

If not Obama, I think it'd be safe to assume either Clinton or Biden.  However, I think a primary challenge to him would be disastrous. 
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »

If not Obama, I think it'd be safe to assume either Clinton or Biden.  However, I think a primary challenge to him would be disastrous. 

It's too late for a primary challenge: the deadlines to get on the ballot in key states have passed or will in the next few weeks. Obama will coast to the Dem nomination, and if something does happen, Biden will take over as president, and will likely run for reelection. If, in that scenario, Biden decides to run for president, I doubt Clinton would challenge him in the general.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

In that situation (which I think goes without saying is unthinkably horrible), it kind of depends on whether Biden even wants to run on his own.  He'd clearly decided on the VPship as a career capper.  I think he would run, but there's a definite possibility that he decides that he's just had enough and passes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »

A tragedy like the assassination of the President combined with a likely weak GOP nominee would make Pres. Biden an automatic election.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »

A tragedy like the assassination of the President combined with a likely weak GOP nominee would make Pres. Biden an automatic election.

Assassination isn't necessarily implied.  Air Force One breaking down over the Atlantic would serve the same function.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »

Assassination isn't necessarily implied.  Air Force One breaking down over the Atlantic would serve the same function.

Not of he was assasinated by someone who's a constant viewer of Fox News or something.  Tongue
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »

You can rest assured that, barring Obama's death or incapacitation, he WILL be the nominee.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

1) Obama will be the Democratic nominee.
2) If a tragic accident happened to the President --and I mean any President, and I mean tragic --not choking on a pretzel tragic --then the new President would be hard to beat if the event happened within a year or so of the election...the closer to the election the event happens, the harder the new President is to beat IMO...the American people would line up right behind the new President...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2011, 11:07:52 PM by The Mikado »

I'm curious as to whether that analysis applies equally to violent removal of the president and a tragic accident/natural causes death.  To be honest, the Secret Service is fantastic at their job (as well they should be: keep up the good work, guys) and I honestly think that the former is less likely than the latter.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »

I still think an accident would boost Biden too much for the GOP nominee to overcome.  Romney too bland to beat that emotion and everyone else too crazy.  So basically 1964 all over again.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2011, 11:39:28 PM by FloridaRepublican »

I still think an accident would boost Biden too much for the GOP nominee to overcome.  Romney too bland to beat that emotion and everyone else too crazy.  So basically 1964 all over again.

Not 1964 bad. I think many people would look at the ballot and go "Joe who?" Biden hasn't necessarily been in the spotlight at all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 11:51:11 PM »

And it's not like ascending the Presidency because of Obama's death would improve his name recognition at all.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »

And it's not like ascending the Presidency because of Obama's death would improve his name recognition at all.

Touché
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies