FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 46572 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: March 26, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »

Nelson will win by at least five points. He would be in danger in a Hillary midterm, but not with Trump.

Unless Florida gets another hurricane in October. Gov. Scott really handled Irma spectacularly and that boosted his standing in the state
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »

Did Scott think he could just waltz into the Senate seat?

What the hell!? He really is Voldemort. Though he'd probably return his snake after he bought it.

Maybe it had behavioral issues that Scott couldn’t handle. Not everyone is meant to have a dog, especially a high maintenance one. Learn the whole story before raging
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »

There are still too many variables for Scott in this race. Most notably hurricane season which starts in a few weeks
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »

There are still too many variables for Scott in this race. Most notably hurricane season which starts in a few weeks

More like three months, but yes. This race will be quite fluid
Hurricane season actually starts at the beginning of June, so we're getting pretty close. This year is expected to be worse than average, though most think it won't be as bad as last year. Based on forecasts, we'll probably see between 2-4 major hurricanes from Atlantic, as well as a handful of smaller ones. Florida had one of the stronger responses in 2017, so if that replicates this year, I'd expect that to work in Scott's favor.

IMO this race is a toss-up right now with Nelson slightly favored - still a lot that can happen and these are two strong candidates. Probably comes down to how bad the national environment gets for Republicans (like many other races).

Scott seems like the kind of guy that can handle Hurricanes well like he did with Irma. Also it depends on the strength and location for any election impacts. Like a major hit on Ft. Myers would hurt republicans like a major hit on Miami/Fort Lauderdale would hurt the Dems
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »

More like three months, but yes. This race will be quite fluid
Hurricane season actually starts at the beginning of June, so we're getting pretty close. This year is expected to be worse than average, though most think it won't be as bad as last year. Based on forecasts, we'll probably see between 2-4 major hurricanes from Atlantic, as well as a handful of smaller ones. Florida had one of the stronger responses in 2017, so if that replicates this year, I'd expect that to work in Scott's favor.

IMO this race is a toss-up right now with Nelson slightly favored - still a lot that can happen and these are two strong candidates. Probably comes down to how bad the national environment gets for Republicans (like many other races).

Don't try to predict where a hurricane is going to make landfall in the longer range based on seasonal numbers. Precise weather patterns can't be predicted long in advance.

Anyhow, this race screams one that breaks towards the Dems in 2018 late due to the national mood. It'll be close for a while though. 
Huh I wasn't predicting when a hurricane was going to hit Florida, just stating when hurricane season typically starts and how many are projected for this year. This is based on science and data. I actually work in flood insurance, YE, so I have a bit of an idea what I'm talking about on this. Smiley

Fair enough. I am a meteorology student so I don't want people getting complacent just because X storms are predicted.

Cant it be predicted where they end up if we look at the amplitude and angles of the cold fronts right now, but shift them a little north? I know that hurricanes like to play follow the leader and their paths often cluster in one area, like last year where we had a bunch right off the east coast, and the previous year with them clustering around the FL-GA-SC bend
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

My gut feeling is that there's a lot of these people. Glad the GOP seems committed to this line

She was probably a democrat already
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »

My gut feeling is that there's a lot of these people. Glad the GOP seems committed to this line

She was probably a democrat already

The Villages is a Republican stronghold lmfao

There are Dems in Wyoming, there are Dems in the villages
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies