FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 46573 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 27, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »

53-46 Nelson victory. I’ll repeat again: Scott can win. But he won’t - not as of today at least. Though that can change.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »

Looks like Rubio's not gonna have Scott's back.

I don’t believe he and Scott particularly like each other
I have no idea as to what their relationship with one another is like, but I do know that the Scott and Rubio orbits seemed (or at least did a few years ago) to have existed entirely apart. You'd almost think Rubio was the Senator from Cuba or something considering how little pull he actually seems to have in Tally. Which is weird because he used to be Speaker.

Its almost like as if they don't respect him!

In fact, everyone in town when I first dropped in (~late Summer) were Jeb! supporters. Everyone. Even Matt Gaetz, who was among the first major Florida politicians to ditch and switch for Trump. Tallahassee might have well been called Jeb! City. This is the only place I have ever really even seen Jeb! stickers on cars, and that was like once two years ago.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »

Looks like Rubio's not gonna have Scott's back.

I don’t believe he and Scott particularly like each other
I have no idea as to what their relationship with one another is like, but I do know that the Scott and Rubio orbits seemed (or at least did a few years ago) to have existed entirely apart. You'd almost think Rubio was the Senator from Cuba or something considering how little pull he actually seems to have in Tally. Which is weird because he used to be Speaker.

Its almost like as if they don't respect him!

In fact, everyone in town when I first dropped in (~late Summer) were Jeb! supporters. Everyone. Even Matt Gaetz, who was among the first major Florida politicians to ditch and switch for Trump. Tallahassee might have well been called Jeb! City. This is the only place I have ever really even seen Jeb! stickers on cars, and that was like once two years ago.

I suppose I could see a federal politician more in tune with the Miami expats than the greasy wheels in Tallahassee not being super tight with a Hovernor more focused on state issues.

Actually Rubio said his relationship with Scott is positive and that he will endorse the Republican senatorial nominee and that if Scott runs it will be him.

And even if he doesn't campaign against Nelson, he can campaign FOR Scott. He can campaign for Scott without speaking out against Nelson and talk about what Scott will do better instead of what the candidate of the opposite party will do worse. After all, John McCain campaigned for George W. Bush in 2004 without campaigning against John Kerry with whom he has a great friendship.
Rubio and Scott are not tight - they aren’t allies or teammates in any real way. Rubio literally is the ultimate politician, minus the ability to execute Machiavellian maneuvers behind the scene. He’ll endorse Scott but stay respectful of Nelson, making everyone happy because Lil Marco is a mere people pleaser at the end of the day.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

For people who constantly complain about “whataboutism,” you certainly use it a lot.
Right?

And he didn’t make fun of the reporters looks, he made fun of his washy washy attitude. The video made it clear and the voters responded.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »

For people who constantly complain about “whataboutism,” you certainly use it a lot.
Right?

And he didn’t make fun of the reporters looks, he made fun of his washy washy attitude. The video made it clear and the voters responded.

I'm always amazed at what lengths people will go to defend Trump. It's ok to admit he made a mistake. Whatever helps you sleep at night guy lol.

Trump also has insulted Rosie O'Donnell, Alicia Machado, Carly Fiorina, that one accuser of his, and probably many more people I am forgetting about; all based on their looks.
And I don’t care, because he’s also getting illegal immigrants out, heroin off the street, and saved us from TPP. I couldn’t possibly care less about those examples you gave and so did the rest of the country.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?

What about your impotent Internet slackivism?  Does that speak for itself too?
No, but the thousands of hours I've logged working for Republican candidates and the conservative cause does.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:05 PM »

What about your impotent Internet slackivism?  Does that speak for itself too?
No, but the thousands of hours I've logged working for Republican candidates and the conservative cause does.

"Conservative" candidates like Donald Trump?
I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that said Democrats are allowed to define conservatism....I mean seriously X, is that all you got? That was pretty big helping of weaksauce Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »

I keep seeing Scott's ads saying "we've had enough career politicians now". He ran for governor, ran for reelection, and now that he's been term limited out he's running for a different political office. I think he's a career politician now. Admittedly not for as long as Nelson, but it's not like Scott is a citizen legislator who's going to go back to the family farm when Congress is out of session. It's like Republican messaging these days is 100% geared towards people who don't think about anything for more than ten seconds.

Add to that, what is inherently wrong with being in office a long time? I'm sure most the people who think these are great ads wouldn't vote for a newcomer Democrat over a Republican who's been in office 20 years.
Because Trump ran on being a non-career politician, every GOP member is now running on it. Wouldnt surprise me if Richard Shelby ran on being "a new voice for congress".
That’s been going on since 2010.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »

I've seen commercials hitting Rick Scott on the algae blooms and I'm in the Miami TV market so definitely becoming less localized.
Yeah, I've been seeing those too. There have been absolutely no campaign ads at all in the Tallahassee market. I just got down to Boynton and am seeing campaign ads every three minutes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »

Eh, he's still the favorite to win, but he's been on the defensive for a while. Like McCaskill, Nelson is a survivor. This race is pure toss up.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »

Random question: If Scott wins, does he have to resign the governorship on January 3, 2019, the date new members of congress usually assume office? Because, according to Wikipedia, his term as governor expires on January 8. This would make Carlos Lopez-Cantera governor for five days. I noticed that Bob Graham resigned the governorship in 1987 after being elected to the senate, making his lt. gov. Wayne Mixon governor for three days. I guess Scott can't be both for a few days? Or could he delay the swearing in as senator?
CLC gets to be Governor for two weeks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »

Can we stop the stupid ass renaming of all these threads?
Who pissed in your cereal? It’s funny. Why not?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »

Random question: If Scott wins, does he have to resign the governorship on January 3, 2019, the date new members of congress usually assume office? Because, according to Wikipedia, his term as governor expires on January 8. This would make Carlos Lopez-Cantera governor for five days. I noticed that Bob Graham resigned the governorship in 1987 after being elected to the senate, making his lt. gov. Wayne Mixon governor for three days. I guess Scott can't be both for a few days? Or could he delay the swearing in as senator?
CLC gets to be Governor for two weeks.
Wait, where do you get 2 weeks from? If Scott's elected, he resigns the governorship on Jan. 3 when he goes to Washington & then CLC is governor for only 5 days before Gillum/DeSantis takes office, right?
Im thinking of presidential inaugurations Tongue. You’re right though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »

Just got polled. It was a Nelson internal judging by the questions.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 09:53:15 PM »

Just got polled. It was a Nelson internal judging by the questions.
was it a push poll? IDK how you could tell. If so, what did they use to push you?
Lots of anti-Scott questions like “would you be less likely to vote for Scott if you knew he was a fraudster” etc. I have worked on a lot of campaigns and basically have either participated in or at least been allowed to watch the various aspects, but I have absolutely no knowledge or experience about polling.

I’m not sure if this was an attempt to dissuade me from voting for Scott or if they genuinely wanted my perspective. My guess is that they’re trying to get an impression as to how the public would react to potential attack ads, but I really don’t know. Like I said, I really don’t know what I’m talking about on this aspect of campaigning.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »

Bigger than Trump or Obama:

Game. Set. Match.

Cringe. Cringe. Cringe.
I mean, who cares about Jimmy Buffett beyond old people? 
Frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the south.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies