CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33
Author Topic: CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House  (Read 58584 times)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »

Couldn't find a megathread, so here we go.

Andrew Romanoff is in... maybe, could just be a paperwork thing
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »

Washington DC will never be the same
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:12:44 PM »

Couldn't find a megathread, so here we go.

Andrew Romanoff is in... maybe, could just be a paperwork thing

Ew. I'll support literally anyone over Andrew Romanoff in the primary. He's the worst major Democratic politician (if you can even call him major) in Colorado.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »

I think my signature says it all. Trump is safe in 2020, and so is Confident Cory Smiley
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2018, 07:23:17 PM by Ohio is the New Missouri »

I think my signature says it all. Trump is safe in 2020, and so is Confident Cory Smiley

tbf swing voters are idiots
See Walker and Baldwin voters. I still think Gardner is close to doomed but its laughable that Gardner is doomed as Doug Jones is.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »

Right now, I am firmly convinced that Cory Gardner is headed to defeat in 2020. Not a single statewide Republican won in Colorado this year, Republicans were destroyed in the Denver metropolitan area, and Gardner is one of the most unpopular Senators in the country. Moreover, Trump will lose Colorado by at least high single digits, and the state's demographics will only become more unfavorable to Republicans over the next two years. So long as the Democrats nominate a competent candidate, they should have this race.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »

Right now, I am firmly convinced that Cory Gardner is headed to defeat in 2020. Not a single statewide Republican won in Colorado this year, Republicans were destroyed in the Denver metropolitan area, and Gardner is one of the most unpopular Senators in the country. Moreover, Trump will lose Colorado by at least high single digits, and the state's demographics will only become more unfavorable to Republicans over the next two years. So long as the Democrats nominate a competent candidate, they should have this race.

All of this is true, but don't forget Gardner is an incumbent, and therefore will run 50+ points ahead of Trump and win this clearly Safe R race.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »

All of this is true, but don't forget Gardner is an incumbent, and therefore will run 50+ points ahead of Trump and win this clearly Safe R race.

2018 taught us that incumbency is no longer as powerful a factor as it used to be.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

2018 taught us that incumbency is no longer as powerful a factor as it used to be.

I was being sarcastic. I think this is Likely D.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 07:44:45 PM »

Outside of Gardner are the Republicans even contesting CO in 2020. I don't see Trump doing 10 rallies in CO this time so he basically on his own here.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 08:49:56 PM »

Gardner is toast. Trump is losing Colorado by at least high single digits, and it's not like he's gonna try and buoy Gardner, Gardner will probably run slightly ahead of Trump. He's voted like Michelle Bachmann (voting record not personality) for the past 4 years, and after GOP got clobbered in 2018 and too in 2016 in the state, there is really no path to victory.
And if Hickenlooper runs, then Crooked Cory should just drop out. Tongue
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »

*55%
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.progressnowcolorado.org/images/The_LWCF_and_Gardner_memo_-_Change_Research.pdf

Change but still

TBF they did nail Iowa 4th and probably brought the last minute interest in it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 02:49:01 AM »

Is that you, Loony Larry?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 02:50:33 AM »

Is Cory Gardner going to run on banning condoms again? It worked pretty well in 2014...
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »

In 2014, Gardner won Larimer County and got over 60% in Weld and Douglas Counties. He basically swept the suburbs, and he won by 1.9%. That's not happening again.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »

In 2014, Gardner won Larimer County and got over 60% in Weld and Douglas Counties. He basically swept the suburbs, and he won by 1.9%. That's not happening again.

he could possibly get 60% in Weld lol Trump got 60% of the vote share there.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 12:39:03 AM »

Remember three years ago when Atlas had this idea that Colorado was about to become Titanium R and the leader of the resistance to President Clinton?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 02:18:17 PM »

Remember three years ago when Atlas had this idea that Colorado was about to become Titanium R and the leader of the resistance to President Clinton?

Actually, I don't.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 04:30:21 PM »

Actually, I don't.

It was a meme that Clinton was a bad fit in Colorado, yes. This was based off some crappy polls but in hindsight it was a pretty stupid thing to believe.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »

Mike Johnston is running. I like him, but I ever-so-slightly prefer Crisanta Duran, just because she hasn't already lost a statewide primary.

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 11:39:15 AM »

Johnston will lose again - he'll lose the progressive vote to Duran and the moderate suburban vote to one of the older men.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »

he could possibly get 60% in Weld lol Trump got 60% of the vote share there.

Trump only got 56% of the vote in Weld County
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »

This field could be huge, just like the presidential race. But, with all due respect, we don't know yet whether Duran will run.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »

Actually, I don't.

I do. Several posters unironically believed that Colorado was less likely to vote for Clinton than any Obama 2012 state or North Carolina until about the summer of 2016.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies