Italy 2013: The official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:46:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013: The official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italy 2013: The official thread  (Read 233675 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »

This is great and it will be very entertaining.

A suggestion about Beppe Grillo`s "party": Maybe the emphasis in the "V" is because it means "five" in Latin numbers. The connectivity issue reminds me a Telecom Ad.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »

Berlusconi, smiles... Only caymans come to my mind, I don't know why. I feel sorry for the Italians that I met who felt ashamed of their country when Il Cavaliere was in office. All Europe is full of mediocre politicians, starting from Spain and the PM Rajoy and following by a bunch of myopic, stubborn or jingoistic guys looking for short-term solutions or in search of alibis and scapegoats. Berlusconi is out of these rankings, he deserves his own category. Hope that someone secludes him at Vila Certosa and never leave him go out again.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »

I wrote a post pro Berlusconi.

It was deleted ipso facto.

Love your freedom of speech.

JulioMadrid: Why don't you look at your country if you want corruption?

Esto es como ver la paja en el ojo ajeno y no ver la viga en el propio. ¿Conoces el refrán?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2013, 10:31:49 PM by Velasco »

I wrote a post pro Berlusconi.

It was deleted ipso facto.

Love your freedom of speech.

JulioMadrid: Why don't you look at your country if you want corruption?

Esto es como ver la paja en el ojo ajeno y no ver la viga en el propio. ¿Conoces el refrán?

Pues busca casos de corrupción en Uruguay en los últimos 25 años, ultratón.

Lo de España es infinitamente más terrible que toda la corrupción italiana junta de aquí a esta época.

Traducción:

What's living Spain today is much more terrible than all the corruption of Italy since World War II.

Ni de coña la corrupción española es peor que la italiana. Prefiero no mencionar a la mafia, la camorra, la 'ndragheta o la logia P2... Por supuesto la corrupción aquí también apesta y es terrible pero eso no descalifica a cualquier ciudadano de este país para comentar la política italiana. Tampoco me gustaron las declaraciones de cierto presidente uruguayo sobre la naturaleza corrupta de Argentina, ya que lo mencionas. Y sí, en Argentina hay corrupción. Procura dar menos lecciones de moralidad basadas en una supuesta superioridad nacional, colega.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »

From the Transparency International 2012 Corruption Perception Index

Uruguay:                  Rank 20, score 72
Spain                        Rank 30, Score 65
Italy:                        Rank 72, score 42
Argentina                  Rank 102, score 35

For reference:
USA                         Rank 19, score 73
Ghana                      Rank 65, score 45
India                        Rank 94, score 36

Oh, and by the way - I hate censorship, and just start to wonder whether I mad a mistake in my moderator rating.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Good. Look at the ranking; that proves your point about your comparison between Spain's and Italy's corruption. Do you think that discussion is meaningful? Btw, as far as I'm concerned you can make propaganda of Berlusconi all the way long. I lack of censorship's tools and, oth, I don't believe in censors. Oh dear, I love nationalists and the Silvio Fan Club.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »

Try to read his post quoted in the Goldmine. That guy is hilarious, and in this case it's not for good.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »

I hate your sig, Peepkorn: where are Álvarez-Cascos and Bárcenas?

Take it to a thread about the inferior Southern European country. This is about Italy's election.

LOL, Phil. That score in the Euro final really hurt you. As a citizen of the EU and naive Europeist, I protest energetically Cheesy
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »

People want an end to the chaos. Berlusconi's lead, like it or not, makes perfect sense. This was all way too predictable.

I'd say Berlusconi is a Master of Chaos. So yes, everything makes perfect (and absurd) sense.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »

Silvio and moderate heroism are things absolutely incompatible. I though that the Moderate Hero in this Tragicomedy was Monti, oth. However, this is a funny discussion to read, even when this mess in which Il Cavaliere plays a protagonic role is serious and disgusting. As some illustrious poster wrote in this thread, maybe paraphrasing a certain Kurtz: Oh the Horror!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies