France likely to ban prostitution next week (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:51:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France likely to ban prostitution next week (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France likely to ban prostitution next week  (Read 3761 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: December 02, 2013, 07:03:39 PM »

What you need to decrease the number of prostitutes is actual jobs that can actually pay you a decent living, and actual integration that can actually pay you serenity. Those two are never gonna be provided by this government, not with Sapin and Valls in charge of these. So nothing will change for the best, and chances are it will make things worse.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »

What you need to decrease the number of prostitutes is actual jobs that can actually pay you a decent living,

That's not going to eliminate prostitution, though it would likely increase the price and somewhat reduce the number of providers.  The demand for prostitutes will always be huge, simply because a very large minority of men can't get sex any other way, and many of them will be willing to pay a very high price for this service.

The typical result of 'development' in an economy (theoretically, 'higher wages') is that men still visit prostitutes, but simply pay much more and go less often.  But the basic need is still there and will not go away.
If you care to actually read what I posted, you'll remark I said "decrease" the number of prostitutes, and not "eliminate prostitution". I used this term exactly because of the argument you made.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »

I'm slowly verging on ignoring opebo now... And yet I am very open to all sorts of things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies