All Academic Grades (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:13:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  All Academic Grades (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All Academic Grades  (Read 3316 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: May 16, 2019, 06:17:10 AM »
« edited: May 16, 2019, 06:31:11 AM by tack50 »

Great idea! For middle/high school I can only remember my average grade starting in year 10, but not the final one. For the record, a passing grade here is a 5/10

"Middle/high school"

Year 10: 8.8/10
Year 11: 9.7/10
Year 12: 10/10

Yes, our grades did get quite inflated at my school, as the last 2 years are the only ones that count for university access.

University (Engineering).

All subjects passed first try (no need for the July repeats)

Year 1

Algebra: 6.5
Calculus I: 6.5
Physics: 8.9
Graphic Expression and Representation Systems: 7.1
Applied Geology: 9.0

Calculus II: 6.0
Physics II: 9.0
Computers and Programming: 9.8
Business Organization and Administration: 8.5
Technical English: 8.4

Year 2

Statistical methods in engineering: 8.5
Hydraulics and Hydrology: 7.0
Electrical Engineering: 7.1
Mechanics: 7.1
Topography: 8.0

Materials Resistence: 5.2
Science and Technology of materials: 8.6
Geotechnic and foundations: 8.6
Construction Technology I: 6.4

Year 3 (so far)

Theory of Structures: 10
Construction projects and handling: 5.5
Railroads: 7.5
Roads: 7.6

Pending:

Urban and transportation services
Transportation engineering
Roads II & Airports
Concrete and metallic structures

My current average is around 7.6, which is extremely high actually.

Best grades in college so far are Theory of Structures (extremely inflated considering I left 25% of the test blank lol) and Programming (extremely easy subject, made me wonder if I should have gone with computer science instead lol)

Closest calls to failure are Construction Projects (I found it quite hard, no idea why; though the teacher was one of the "easy to pass the class, hard to get a good grade" kind) and Resistence of Materials (Arguably the hardest subject in the entire degree; I was actually convinced I would fail, the test was surprisingly easy for the subject and even then I only got a bare pass. And thankfully as that class got a new teacher this year and it's now a lot harder)

A handful of others were close calls as well but I got a grade much higher than a bare pass, like the Graphic Representation one, where I actually got good grades in 2/3 tests but failed the last one (you were supposed to pass all 3). In the end I managed to convince the teacher to pass me.

I might not be so lucky this time though, as I expect to get my first failed class in my lifetime this semester, with Concrete and metallic structures. It's not 100% certain, but still very very likely. I will get it in the June/July retry though, so I won't have to retake the class

Also, apparently while here I am one of the best students in my degree probably; by Atlas standards I would be average at best and a bad student at worst lol
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:24:39 AM »

I'm not going there entirely, since I've seen the entire spectrum. I was mostly a B/C High School and Middle School, not too much interesting there. But college, that's when things got crazy.

Highest

A+ (101%)
GER 201, GERMAN III
Junior Year, College (2014)

Lowest

F (59%)
BIO 228, HUMAN ANATOMY
Freshman Year, College (2011)

So, uh, how exactly do you get a greater than 100% grade?

Also, is 59% really a failing grade in the US??? Oof
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 09:04:48 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2019, 09:14:49 AM by tack50 »

Didn't end up posting my June/July subjects so here they are now lol. And yes I had the first failure in my entire life and I have to retake the subject (and pay 270€, yikes!)

June 2019

Urban and transportation services 7.4/10
Transportation engineering 7.5/10
Roads II & Airports 6.2/10
Concrete and metallic structures: "Didn't attend" for the first try; 4.0/10 for the July retry

Basically I didn't even turn in the required projects on time. I did turn it in on the July extended deadline, and still failed.

For what's worth the passing grades for that subject were abysmal. Only 4/25 people passed on the first deadline, and literally no one (out of like 15 people) passed on the July retry

This probably lowers my average somewhat, though I guess I remain a solid C student. Which by Spanish engineering standards is amazing tbh, I still passed almost everything first try lol

Are US universities easier or is Atlas full of super smart people? Never seen so many high grades lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies