Pennsylvania: An analysis. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:22:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pennsylvania: An analysis. (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania: An analysis.  (Read 11963 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »

Newt's slate of delegates in PA 15 are set to endorse Rick.

CD 15, or 16?  If the former, I need to figure out who they are... Wink

15 means...15. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »

Paul will do "well" because of Penn State, Romney will win the affluent voters around State College but there's no reason why Santorum shouldn't run up big numbers there. He'll get delegates out of the area, too, since popular and powerful State Senator Corman is on Rick's side and running for delegate (Santorum got his start in politics by interning for Corman's Dad).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »

Congressman Fitzpatrick endorses Romney. Not surprising considering his district but somewhat surprising considering his relationship with Santorum: when Jim Greenwood dropped out in 2004, Santorum (and Melissa Hart) wrote to GOP leaders in the district on Fitz's behalf for the appointment.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:36 PM »

Feel free to message me privately for my comments. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »

A friend claimed to have received two Romney robo calls already, hitting Rick for his 2004 support of Santorum. The call apparently even plays the audio from Santorum's ad where he endorsed Specter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »

Phil, is there any bad blood between Pat and Rick over 2004? A Toomey endorsement could be critical in the state.

They aren't best buds but Toomey did go out of his way to help Rick in 2006. That being said, I still think there is some friction but probably enough respect not to endorse Romney (if he plans on doing that) before PA.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »

With PA next, I wanted to dive into analysis of the suburbs but wanted to call further attention to the fight in Philly since a lot of people have done some eye rolling at my comments about Philly being good for Rick.

When you can, check out analyzethevote.com/map. That's the new and totally awesome (for political nerds) website out together by our new Commissioners. It's been a very long time coming! Anyway, this feature will allow people to see how heavily concentrated the GOP vote is in the NE, South Philly and Roxborough (Northwest). Those areas only have 18 of our 66 Wards but that's where the Republican vote power lies and with the exception of maybe Roxborough and a Ward or two in the NE, that's where Santorum will run up nice margins. Mitt will still benefit from the Center City Wards and their high raw number of Republicans but, as you'll see, that won't match the other areas. He will need to make serious inroads in the NE and South Philly and really turn out the vote downtown to have a chance of taking the city.

Anyway, enjoy the feature and stay tuned for my suburban ramblings. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »

For whatever it is worth, the old guard city party here in Philly put Romney on their sample ballot. I'll withhold additional comment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies