Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:09:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79074 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »

Then do something about it.  It's always that tomorrow you'll start your diet, or tomorrow you'll start walking.  Actually start.  And then keep it up consistently.  Unless you are in the hospital or it's thunderstorming, there is no good reason not to walk tomorrow.  You'll have time; even if that means spending less time on the forum.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #776 on: April 21, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?

I don't have to address that.

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?

Alright, I will address it and the lying.  I will also ask a favor and make a promise in return.

Right now, I couldn't handle the physical exertion, I will be the first to admit that.  However, starting tomorrow morning, I will take my phone with me that has the exercise app on it and I will walk for about 20-30 minutes.  It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I am going to take advantage of it and walk.  If I don't walk for whatever reason, I will come on to the forum and say I did not walk.  I'm not going to intentionally lie anymore.  That garbage is over.  I am just human, so things may slip my mind, but I'm going to do my best to control it.  If and when I do lie, by all means point it out, but don't be belligerent with it.  You might just give me an "Ahem" or "are you sure?" or "check that again" or "we talked about this" something subtle like that.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't take well to harsh criticism and I tend to lash out and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I respond better to subtle, non-threatening hints.  The posts may not be intended to insult or to make me feel bad, but that's how they come across.  I'm human and I have feelings.  In return for this change of verbage and tone, I will promise again to do everything I can to cut out the lying.  You don't have to be all mushy and all soft about that, but in a gentler, but firm way let me know.

You have had these starts and stops with physical activity in the past.  Don't you think you should make sure you can handle very basic things (which you currently can't do) before making all of these Kenya plans??

You're probably right.  I shouldn't make plans for Kenya, but I can set out goals to reach and work toward them.  How fruitful is healthier living going to be if there is nothing to work toward?  No motivation?  No incentive?

The thing I have to stress to myself is that I am only 31 (or technically 30 years 51 weeks).  I say I'm old so many times, but in reality I'm still young and I've got a long life ahead of me should I take the reins now and giddy up.  I don't want to be in the obituaries before my 40th birthday.  If I were to pass before age 40, I want it to be for a reason totally unrelated to my weight.  On the same token, by only being 31, it is not mandatory I go to Kenya in 2016.  If I have to for whatever reason, be it health or getting out of debt, or whatever I can push it back to 2017, 2020 or whenever I am ready.  I am not bound to 2016 by any means.  In fact, I am going to take back any mention of God definitely telling me a timeline.  When I said that, I should have said "I feel God is telling me to go at such and such date."  That way, I could still leave room for error with the words "I feel" at the beginning of such a bold claim.  In fact, I will go so far as to walk back a little of what I said clear back to Season 3 or 4 when Kenya was first mentioned.  I feel God is calling me to Kenya.  I'm nearly confident He has, but as has been pointed out, how can one be absolutely certain, especially given my obesity crisis and deceitful tongue.

Take a look at my new username.  31: A New Bushie.

How about NOT DYING??  That should be plenty of motivation....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #777 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »

Jeff, being accountable and truthful to the forum is really just good posting manners. I think the majority of the people who read your thread here just want to be helpful but your continued dishonesty pisses people off. But really, who gives a $hit? So Inks and me patrick1 are pissed off. Oh well.
The person who you really have to be accountable to and truthful with is yourself. If even a semblance of what you post here is true, then you have a lot of work to do on this. Walter is right and I have mentioned this to you in the past: you are all over the map in who you are and what you are doing. Make the commitment to yourself on what you will do. It is good to make these things rational and achievable. If you are stuck in a rut, no shame in asking for help. Just know it is you that has to bear the balance of the load and responsibility.

Thank you for this post.  This is what I've been needing.  Tonight, before I go to bed, I am going to make a list of what I need to change in my 32nd year.  They won't happen overnight, and I can't fool myself into thinking they will, but I need to start working toward them.  Starting them on or before my 31st birthday is not the important part, just starting them is the important part and my 31st birthday just happens to be the icing on the cake.

I'm going to keep the list private just between me and my computer screen, but you get the idea.

I said I was going to walk tomorrow.  I am.  I am also going to do myself a favor and not promise any other day beyond that.  I am going to take it one day at a time.  Because, how can I commit to walking for a month or a quarter or six months, etc, if I haven't shown the willingness to even do it one day.  Tomorrow night, I will make the decision to walk on Tuesday, and so on and so forth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #778 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »

I feel sorry for your grandmother, but you have conveniently sidestepped the issue that you've been lying about exercising.  How do you expect to be able to help the orphanage if you can't even commit to walking a quarter of a mile a day?

I don't have to address that.

Well you should.  This isn't some little mundane detail.  If you were in good shape or even quasi-average shape we wouldn't be questioning it.  However, you aren't.   I'm sure you really want to help those in Kenya, I don't doubt that for a second.  With that being said, how can you realistically help if you are unable to help yourself or handle even minimal physical activity?

Alright, I will address it and the lying.  I will also ask a favor and make a promise in return.

Right now, I couldn't handle the physical exertion, I will be the first to admit that.  However, starting tomorrow morning, I will take my phone with me that has the exercise app on it and I will walk for about 20-30 minutes.  It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I am going to take advantage of it and walk.  If I don't walk for whatever reason, I will come on to the forum and say I did not walk.  I'm not going to intentionally lie anymore.  That garbage is over.  I am just human, so things may slip my mind, but I'm going to do my best to control it.  If and when I do lie, by all means point it out, but don't be belligerent with it.  You might just give me an "Ahem" or "are you sure?" or "check that again" or "we talked about this" something subtle like that.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't take well to harsh criticism and I tend to lash out and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I respond better to subtle, non-threatening hints.  The posts may not be intended to insult or to make me feel bad, but that's how they come across.  I'm human and I have feelings.  In return for this change of verbage and tone, I will promise again to do everything I can to cut out the lying.  You don't have to be all mushy and all soft about that, but in a gentler, but firm way let me know.

You have had these starts and stops with physical activity in the past.  Don't you think you should make sure you can handle very basic things (which you currently can't do) before making all of these Kenya plans??

You're probably right.  I shouldn't make plans for Kenya, but I can set out goals to reach and work toward them.  How fruitful is healthier living going to be if there is nothing to work toward?  No motivation?  No incentive?

The thing I have to stress to myself is that I am only 31 (or technically 30 years 51 weeks).  I say I'm old so many times, but in reality I'm still young and I've got a long life ahead of me should I take the reins now and giddy up.  I don't want to be in the obituaries before my 40th birthday.  If I were to pass before age 40, I want it to be for a reason totally unrelated to my weight.  On the same token, by only being 31, it is not mandatory I go to Kenya in 2016.  If I have to for whatever reason, be it health or getting out of debt, or whatever I can push it back to 2017, 2020 or whenever I am ready.  I am not bound to 2016 by any means.  In fact, I am going to take back any mention of God definitely telling me a timeline.  When I said that, I should have said "I feel God is telling me to go at such and such date."  That way, I could still leave room for error with the words "I feel" at the beginning of such a bold claim.  In fact, I will go so far as to walk back a little of what I said clear back to Season 3 or 4 when Kenya was first mentioned.  I feel God is calling me to Kenya.  I'm nearly confident He has, but as has been pointed out, how can one be absolutely certain, especially given my obesity crisis and deceitful tongue.

Take a look at my new username.  31: A New Bushie.

How about NOT DYING??  That should be plenty of motivation....

Look again at the first few sentences of the second paragraph.  That is a part of my motivation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #779 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »

Then do something about it.  It's always that tomorrow you'll start your diet, or tomorrow you'll start walking.  Actually start.  And then keep it up consistently.  Unless you are in the hospital or it's thunderstorming, there is no good reason not to walk tomorrow.  You'll have time; even if that means spending less time on the forum.

Indeed.  There will be about 20-30 minutes tomorrow where I will walk.  I am going to make out a schedule tonight for tomorrow so I'll know exactly when I will walk.  I'm going to chat here on the forum until about 23:00 (another 20 minutes) and then I am going to make out my schedule for tomorrow and make out that list that I talked about.  I'll probably hop back on the forum about midnight for a bit before I go to bed.  I don't plan to go to bed until about 1:30 or 2:00, but I will set an alarm so I don't sleep in and lose any motivation I have right now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #780 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »

That's dodging the question though. 

That's Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #781 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »

I'll be honest about something else here.  I have slacked off on my water drinking the past three weeks.  I haven't had near as much as I should.  In fact, I haven't had any except for iced tea.  I will get back on that tomorrow, as well.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #782 on: April 21, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »

I'll be honest about something else here.  I have slacked off on my water drinking the past three weeks.  I haven't had near as much as I should.  In fact, I haven't had any except for iced tea.  I will get back on that tomorrow, as well.

What do you mean "haven't had any except for iced tea"?  You mean you've had it mixed in with iced tea, but never drank any water straight up for three weeks?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #783 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »

What do you mean "haven't had any except for iced tea"?  You mean you've had it mixed in with iced tea, but never drank any water straight up for three weeks?

Pretty much.  Iced tea, especially if its unsweetened, counts as water consumption from what I have heard.  As far as actual dihydrogen monoxide consumption, I haven't had any except for medicine.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #784 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »

And I suppose there is a ton of sugar in that iced tea?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #785 on: April 21, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 11:00:34 PM by 31: A New Bushie »

Just one packet of Splenda or Sweet N Low per glass that is roughly 18 oz.

I am getting to where I can't do sweet iced tea.  That just tastes menacing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #786 on: April 21, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Pretty much.  Iced tea, especially if its unsweetened, counts as water consumption from what I have heard.

"Counts as water consumption"?  Any beverage you drink of any type is going to be mostly water.  So you're getting water consumption.  The point of drinking water straight up rather than iced tea or other beverages is to avoid getting all the other stuff you don't want, like sugar.

Ever since I was a toddler, I don't think I've ever gone more than a week without drinking *any* water straight up.  Heck, I can't remember the last time there was a *day* when I didn't drink water.  The idea of never drinking water perplexes me.  Huh
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #787 on: April 21, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »

Pretty much.  Iced tea, especially if its unsweetened, counts as water consumption from what I have heard.

"Counts as water consumption"?  Any beverage you drink of any type is going to be mostly water.  So you're getting water consumption.  The point of drinking water straight up rather than iced tea or other beverages is to avoid getting all the other stuff you don't want, like sugar.

Ever since I was a toddler, I don't think I've ever gone more than a week without drinking *any* water straight up.  Heck, I can't remember the last time there was a *day* when I didn't drink water.  The idea of never drinking water perplexes me.  Huh

I may have a small 5 oz dixie cup of water, but I don't count that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #788 on: April 21, 2013, 11:16:46 PM »

I am getting to where I can't do sweet iced tea.  That just tastes menacing.

Well caffeine is a diuretic, so you're losing some water just by drinking the tea.  Although that all depends on how much caffeine is in the tea.

Either way, if the tea is caffeinated, it doesn't really count as water consumption.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #789 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:17 PM »

I am getting to where I can't do sweet iced tea.  That just tastes menacing.

Well caffeine is a diuretic, so you're losing some water just by drinking the tea.  Although that all depends on how much caffeine is in the tea.

Either way, if the tea is caffeinated, it doesn't really count as water consumption.

The tea my grandmother fixes is decaf.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2013, 11:37:44 PM »

Are you sure?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2013, 11:41:01 PM »

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure.  Her coffee is decaf, so I assume her tea is as well.  She doesn't like caffeine.  I'll have to look on the tea box for clarification.  I'll be over there tomorrow waiting for a new refrigerator to be delivered and installed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

I've made out my list of what I want to work on this next year.  I didn't list everything, but I listed the major, glaring items right now such as weight, lying, porn, getting out of debt, etc.  It's kind of like New Year's Resolutions except starting on my birthday instead of January 1.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »

I am so strung out on caffeine right now it's miserable. Don't drink eye double shot expresso from Starbucks very often.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #794 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »

I am so strung out on caffeine right now it's miserable. Don't drink eye double shot expresso from Starbucks very often.

I don't drink anything from Starbucks at all.  Too rich, too expensive, too liberal, too caffeinated, the list goes on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #795 on: April 21, 2013, 11:48:21 PM »

Now, for a little light-hearted confession:

Last night on my way home from the birthday party, I found myself singing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing". This afternoon on the way home from church, I found myself singing "White Christmas." I will also admit that I have already planned my first Hobby Lobby inspection of the year - Saturday, May 18, 2013. Those of you who know me at all, know exactly what that inspection is for. I will also admit that I have planned the date that the CD player in my car will start playing the Music. That date is Thursday, July 5, 2013, but could be moved up. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #796 on: April 21, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 11:53:43 PM by Veep Duke »

I don't drink anything from Starbucks at all.  Too rich, too expensive, too liberal, too caffeinated, the list goes on.

What do you mean by that? It's expensive yes (but they gave me a free drink with a free extra shot since I had a free birthday drink on my card!), but the others?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #797 on: April 21, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »

Theres not enough obese patrons at the Starbucks to make Bushie feel average.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:43 PM »

I don't drink anything from Starbucks at all.  Too rich, too expensive, too liberal, too caffeinated, the list goes on.

What do you mean by that? It's expensive yes (but they gave me a free drink with a free extra shot since I had a free birthday drink on my care!), but the others?

Too rich:  Way too rich for my taste buds.
Too caffeinated:  I don't want to be wired at all hours of the night.
Too liberal:  Their CEO said recently, "If you don't support gay marriage, we don't want your business." or something to that effect.  I think he said that in retaliation to Chick-fil-A's conservative stance, but still that is just silly to say things like that.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #799 on: April 21, 2013, 11:58:24 PM »

Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish f_ck in it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies