Rasmussen: Trump +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:57:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rasmussen: Trump +10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Trump +10  (Read 1081 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2024, 09:27:06 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 09:29:53 AM »

It's Rassy, but polling in general seems to have shifted back. The election luckily is 6 months away, but I'm starting to get more concerned. Let's face it: As of today, Trump is more likely to win than not. And while 6 months is enough time to make it up more than once, we've been saying this for many months now.
Duke of York

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 09:30:47 AM »

at this point im almost ready to say Trump is the favorite in this election.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 09:31:33 AM »

Nothing to see here, folks! Winners are often down ten points in polls, as long as we call them junk!
GAinDC

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 09:33:30 AM »

so everyone here is gonna panic over a Rasmussen Poll that only has Biden at 36%?

Gotcha!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 09:37:04 AM »

so everyone here is gonna panic over a Rasmussen Poll that only has Biden at 36%?

Gotcha!

The poll is junk, no candidate is going to win by 10 pts. That said, polling in general has shifted back lately and negative media coverage over Biden and protests is all over the place. Obviously Biden can still easily win the election, but as things stand today, it looks like it won't be the case. The most realistic one is the NPV tied around 47% each, with Trump winning most battlegrounds, where almost all pollsters find him ahead what would get him 290-312 EVs.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 09:39:14 AM »

Gotcha!

What people like you miss is that we are panicking over the preponderance of evidence, not “one poll.” It’s stunning how easily people are talking themselves out of reality. Please understand that this mindset is the beginning of how something like January 6 is able to happen.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 09:41:05 AM »

Gotcha!

What people like you miss is that we are panicking over the preponderance of evidence, not “one poll.” It’s stunning how easily people are talking themselves out of reality. Please understand that this mindset is the beginning of how something like January 6 is able to happen.

“Reality” is a dead heat race that’s shifted to Biden since early march not a ras push poll lol
GAinDC

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 09:45:02 AM »

Gotcha!

wow, so not panicking about one push poll is just as bad as instigating Jan 6...

makes sense!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 09:47:26 AM »

Rasmussen polls used to be R-leaning but legit. I'm not sure if it's the case that they're even legit anymore so I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about this one.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 09:47:33 AM »

I get being on edge, but people overreacting over specific polls is just too much. This isn't tenable for 6 more months.

If you're going to freak out over every poll that's bad, but then just ignore when there's normal polls in between, then what are we even doing here? This past week we have gotten tied swing state polls, polls with Biden in the lead, polls with Trump in the lead, and polls with movement towards both Biden and Trump.

Fretting over a Rasmussen poll is just too much (esp when they've been banned by 538 no less)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 09:48:20 AM »

Rasmussen polls used to be R-leaning but legit. I'm not sure if it's the case that they're even legit anymore so I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about this one.

2018 was the final straw for me when they had the GCB at R+1 which was like 9% off the final result lol
GAinDC

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 09:48:40 AM »

I get being on edge, but people overreacting over specific polls is just too much. This isn't tenable for 6 more months.

If you're going to freak out over every poll that's bad, but then just ignore when there's normal polls in between, then what are we even doing here? This past week we have gotten tied swing state polls, polls with Biden in the lead, polls with Trump in the lead, and polls with movement towards both Biden and Trump.

Fretting over a Rasmussen poll is just too much (esp when they've been banned by 538 no less)

Some of yall need to do what I do sometimes and get off the forum for a few days and touch grass
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 09:58:52 AM »

I think it was the CNN poll, in addition to the headlines about Gaza and the protests, that are inspiring the forum's return to despair about Biden. And it's infectious, it's kind of affected me too, and I've been resolving to try and stay positive after the last two years of elections went well for Democrats.
KakyoinMemeHouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2024, 10:25:51 AM »

Why the hell are we taking an obvious Rasmussen push poll seriously?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 10:44:31 AM »

Because Rassy only polled match-ups with RFK they won’t affect the H2H average.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 10:45:24 AM »

I took his survey Trump isn't up 10
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 11:06:37 AM »

Trump being at 46 seems right. But I think Biden being at 36 isn’t. Like I said before, I think Trumps numbers are close to right in a lot of polls but Biden is struggling with pulling his base in.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 11:27:16 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 06:04:52 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

Yes, Biden is losing and I know a lot of you are absolutely reveling in that, but that doesn't mean you should be taking a Rasmussen poll seriously. Even RCP stopped using them. You all should know better.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2024, 11:34:43 AM »

Yes, Biden is losing and I know a lot of you are absolutely reveling in that, but that doesn't mean you should be taking a Rasmussen poll seriously. Even RCP stopped using them.

RCP still uses Rasmussen, but because they only polled 3-way and 5-way they're not in the H2H average.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024, 11:36:42 AM »

Let's have more of these polls so Trump voters think it's in the bag and stay home
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2024, 11:40:33 AM »

It might be Rasmussen, but how often do incumbent Presidents come back from this big a deficit? Biden might as well FedEx the election to Trump at this rate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2024, 12:47:05 PM »

Rassy is trolling
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2024, 01:10:18 PM »

Rasmussen is a fake poll and has been ever since it changes hands. Anyone pollster can produce a ten point lead if they push one candidate under 40% (highly unrealistic). The fact that they can only get Trump to 46% speaks volumes. 46% is his base.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2024, 01:17:52 PM »

I think it was the CNN poll, in addition to the headlines about Gaza and the protests, that are inspiring the forum's return to despair about Biden. And it's infectious, it's kind of affected me too, and I've been resolving to try and stay positive after the last two years of elections went well for Democrats.

As we famously saw in the two “who wins the election” threads on this poll. Trump is really starting to pull away in the new poll after having a narrow lead for several days. I might as well start one of my own to see if things have shifted further in Trump’s direction.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies