The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:47:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 169210 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 01, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »

Short answer--Why bother (see Hillgoose above)

Long answer--Coal power plants are going to keep closing, WV mines are going to keep declining and shut down as the coal gives out, even the met coal mines (a major one will close this week for "geologic reasons").  Fat Nixon can lie to them all day, it doesn't change reality.

Their population pyramid is totally fubar'd.  They have fewer people than they did in 1980.
They have fewer people than they did in 1950.  They have 262,000 people between the ages of 55-64 and 212,000 between the ages 10-19.  They had 30,000 births in 1980 and 18,500 last year.  They are not a magnet for and are in fact hostile to the idea of immigration.   They are a lock to have fewer people in 2050 than they do now.  They don't have a Senator who can drag stuff into the state like they once did.  They live in geographically difficult terrain where infrastructure is difficult to build and maintain.  There is no compelling reason economically to build and maintain such infrastructure.

Save for the Eastern Panhandle and Morgantown (and even Morgantown is iffy) there is no reason to expect anything different from West Virginia.  Why bother.

You seem upset by the reality i present and yet are incapable or unwilling to provide an alternative.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »

^^ yes, many in the Jewish community are terrified by Corbyn Premiership, I've seen it first hand when I used to live in England, you should pay a visit to any synagogue and you'll see how anxious the Jewish community are..

Anxious and terrified of the man who will stand up against the interests that are ruthlessly obliterating their country and the world, rather than the woman and her party that are currently aiding in the destruction. Yep. Seems perfectly alright. Totally not delusional at all.

Shame

Israeli propaganda working overtime to scare people away.
Well then dead0, why are you commenting? As a natural born, down earth fellow American like me, surely you wouldn't dare to understand the intricacies of the media habits and politics of our noble highbrow cousins across the pond either.

In all seriousness, keep beating the dead horse and drinking the kool-aid. It's great stuff, you know. The Tories will get a fine spanking when election silence kicks in. All the garbage the establishment has been slinging will be for naught when Corbyn takes power and implements his "radical" policies that, shockingly enough, will benefit the average person, including Jews, Muslims, and people of all faiths.

Oh gee, you've also drunk the kool-aid. Must be especially potent when heated up in the desert sun.
I'm inclined to trust the vast majority of British jews who are terrified of Corbyn more than some hacks who don't even live in the country.

Okay, well, you're just a down earth natural born American like me, Scarlet. How would you know, then, to trust that the vast majority of British Jews are supposedly terrified of Corbyn? LOL.
Have you read the megathread? I'm not continuing this.

Yep, have faith in the anecdotal bull spewed out from a random fellow delusional civility hawk and the articles and polls manufactured by establishment media fearful of a Labour government! Three cheers, that's the way to go!

Really not interested in getting up to speed on this agrument/thread, but I was curious how many Jews were leaving Britain for Israel, I clicked on the link and followed the link and the number was 371 meaning a 7% increase =25 more people this year than last.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »

Where to even begin with this claptrap...

Our society is driven much more by social issues than economic issues, I'll be the first to admit that.

The people who should be generalized into voting Republican (Rich, Hollywood, Wall Street elites) end up voting Democrat because of social issues. They're the type of people who adopt 10 kids from Ethiopia and name them Rainbow, Starfish and Moonbeam.

On the other hand, the white working class who should be generalized into voting for Democrats (Mobile homes, middle class, lower class) vote Republican because they find cultural elitism and liberalism on social issues abhorrent.

One reason for this is that the wealthy can afford to be immoral.  They can afford exorbitant child support for children from different mothers.  They can afford divorce because they can afford more than one house payment.  They have the best healthcare to mitigate the social ills such as STDs, chemical dependency treatment, etc. 

The working class have to be moral because they can't afford not to be.  A child out of wedlock, a divorce, being arrested for a misdemeanor crime of rowdiness is far more devastating for the working class than it is for the glitterati.  Indeed, having children out of wedlock for the working class is almost a guarantee of struggling to fall below the poverthy line.

Money does mitigate the natural consequences of immorality; that's why they don't want to be reined in, morally.  The can better afford sin.
It's classic Fuzzy. It's smart-sounding, it's reasonablish, and it's totally wrong. The working class is much more likely to get divorced, have children out of wedlock, and commit crimes. That's an actual fact. Fuzzy's problem is that he's so enamoured with his intelligence, he thinks that he can figure out the world from his own armchair. He doesn't appear to actually believe in evidence, just smart sounding bullsh**t.

Ah, but you see...they can't afford it. 
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 03:03:30 PM »

It is certainly true, in part, in WV, due to the role of the United Mine Workers.  I would also argue that UNIONIZED coal miners made the difference in Kentucky for Clinton in 1996.  Kentucky's defection to the GOP has as much or more to do with tobacco, as well as coal.  (If NC hadn't been a tobacco state, they'd be to the left of VA by now.)

There is no doubt that in WV, KY, MO, and (arguably) OH, the cultural liberalism of the national Democratic Party has alienated many rural voters in these states, including union workers who either live in rural areas, or who have moved to larger areas but maintain their rural orientation.  The difference between now and then is that cultural liberalism is now more of a DEFINING characteristic aspect of being a Democrat than ever before. 

Yes, if only rural NC had grown soybeans instead of tobacco it would be a SJW wonderland.  Also ignores the fact that VA was a tobacco state too.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:00:01 AM »

Libdems are a fraud & will from less than 15 seats to less 10 next election. The party has no future & is dying. No agenda & was only an anti-Brexit party. Now they are not ready to stop a No Deal Brexit & support Corbyn when Greens Plaid Cymru SNP are all supporting & some Tory rebels are ready to talk. These guys slept with Cameron for 5 years & implemented massive austerity & tax cuts & cuts to services including for disabled people.

Corbyn played a master stroke & the LibDems are getting brutally exposed.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »

I like Nova Green, but these Antifa types who want to relive their grandparents war exploits are pathetic. Not necessarily him, but that type in general. Fighting “Nazis” on Atlas is like this generations Battle of the Bulge. Yeah ok.

Meh, I just want to skip to the Nuremberg Trials part (for which I've already promised you "luxurious" accommodations).
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 02:01:36 PM »

I like Nova Green, but these Antifa types who want to relive their grandparents war exploits are pathetic. Not necessarily him, but that type in general. Fighting “Nazis” on Atlas is like this generations Battle of the Bulge. Yeah ok.

Meh, I just want to skip to the Nuremberg Trials part (for which I've already promised you "luxurious" accommodations).
Just be sure to get the smell of Newports from the previous occupant out of the cell before you lock me up.

God, WV is even worse than I thought.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »

Why shouldn't Tulsi be in the debate?

She's on the ballot in the remaining states.  Why shouldn't the Democratic voters get to hear what she says?

Is that inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment?  Probably, but so what?  The Democratic Establishment's problems come from rigging the process and getting caught.  You'd think they'd avoid all appearances of this in 2020, but I guess not.

She's no longer viable. At this point in the cycle, being viable is a reasonable goalpost for a debate.

She could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention.  There are a significant number of Democrats who don't wish for either Biden or Sanders.  Why shouldn't they have another choice that's already on the ballot?  Perhaps a significant number of Democrats WANT a brokered convention which will produce a candidate other than someone who'll be eighty in their first term and who is either mildly senile or a blatant anti-capitalist.  Are they just out of luck?

Gabbard's presence may well be inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment, which will have enough trouble with the Bernie Bros at the convention to maintain unity.  That's fine, but if that's the case, the blather about "democracy" needs to stop.  Tulsi Gabbard is a Representative who's on the ballot in the upcoming primaries.  Why shouldn't she be able to make her case to the Democratic Party electorate in the debate?  Why is that not the "democratic" thing to do?

To spout the idea on March 7th that Tulsi could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention, has to rank near the top of dumb things said by Atlas posters, even if you included all the trolls.

And then 1/2hr later he threw in this kicker, in response to the question, "Will Bernie be viable in Florida"

So he simultaneously promoted the idea that Tulsi could force a brokered convention while at the same time proclaiming that Bernie won't be viable in Florida.

I hereby proclaim the founding of the "Fuzzy School of Math for Kids Who Can't Add too Good"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies