UK bans critics of Islam from entering (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:57:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK bans critics of Islam from entering (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK bans critics of Islam from entering  (Read 2333 times)
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« on: March 13, 2018, 05:33:27 AM »

tbh I disagree with this (as with the ban on Farakhan and non-violent Islamists as well). I think the Home Office has too much power in general. I'm also not sure why it really matters that they are foreign agitators; are they so much worse than homegrown fascists?

Homegrown fascists are our problem; we don't need to multiply that problem.

As long as you are in the EU you shouldn't ban EU citizens from entering due to their political beliefs. You can do that after Brexit but until then an Austrian citizen should have the same rights as a British, "fascist" or not.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 06:43:06 AM »

I wonder whether the leftists in this thread would be as delighted with shutting down free speech if Trump would do it to some of the left-wing media in the U.S. that are more radical than any of the people banned from the UK.
That's not even close to,what happened here. The equivalent would be the US denying some tankie idiot or Maduro supporter entry. Is have no problem with that.

Why not? Its a form of censorship.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

As long as you are in the EU you shouldn't ban EU citizens from entering due to their political beliefs. You can do that after Brexit but until then an Austrian citizen should have the same rights as a British, "fascist" or not.

Yes and if they pose a danger to the public good, the UK has a right to bar them from entry.

You couldn't do that to a British citizen, so you shouldn't do it to a citizen of another EU country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies