"the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth  (Read 15205 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: July 23, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »

My sisters and their husbands are convinced the Antichrist is Barack Obama.  Of course, they were sure it was John Kerry four years ago.  And Al Gore before that.  Clinton was the most entertaining though.  They were sure he was the Antichrist and Hillary was the great whore of Babylon.

Soulty should appreciate that -- because it took the heat off the Catholic Church for eight years.  Of course, now they're back to thinking the Great Whore is Rome.

I don't know how they keep it straight.  Their "mentors" like Jack Van Impe and Hal Lindsey change their predictions with every new book they write.

I prefer my African American neighbor's approach to eschatology --  "Honey, just you keep the lamp lit and shut up about it."

Or, as the Book of Common Prayer puts it, "Christ has died.  Christ is risen.  Christ will come again."

Even so, come...
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bull.  God's Word doesn't change.  Throughout the Old Testiment God strictly forbade the Israelites to mix and intermarry with the other races about them

But the reason forbidding interracial marriage was explicit:

Ex 34:15-16 5 "Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.”

But, when the foreign women worshipped the one true God of Israel, interracial marriage was allowed. 

Examples:

Moses/Zipporah, Salmon/Rahab (the father of Boaz), Boaz/Ruth (mother of Obed, grandfather of David), David/Bathsheba (mother of Solomon, in the blood line of Jesus Christ).

---

Doesn't the New Testament say that as long as two share the same faith, they were allowed to marry whomever they wish?

1Cor 7:39  “she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

From the "give credit where it is due" department:

Jmcfst, you are a better man than I for being so patient with this person.  And you're doing a tremendous, awesome job.  I am glad we agree on a few things at least!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies