Professor Lichtmann predicts Presidential Race for 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:00:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Professor Lichtmann predicts Presidential Race for 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Professor Lichtmann predicts Presidential Race for 2016  (Read 2171 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: November 03, 2016, 05:27:54 PM »

At least this means people will finally stop taking this fellow seriously.
Yup.
Neither of you never read his book or even heard of him I'm sure, his merits aside.

I would have sat this one out if I were him, though. I'd literally just say "I dunno" and throw up my hands. The fact that he thought 1984 was a hard one to predict is a pretty clear signal that I need to do a bit more reading on that election, because I never thought Reagan's victory was a question Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »

Yup.
Neither of you never read his book or even heard of him I'm sure, his merits aside.

Uh, he comes up every election.  We've had numerous threads here and on AAD about his waffling predictions just this year.  We all know who he is.  He's like a slightly more coherent J.J. who gets his nonsense published.

And every year, we say the same thing: a set of 13 keys is in no way 'scientific', is in fact totally arbitrary, and has no bearing on the result of the election.
This is the first time I've heard him referenced this whole campaign in the media, on here, or AAD (where I never post). I think the Lichtmanns, Nate Silvers, and other self-styled statisticians who predict these things are full of hooey (I've been waiting to use that word today, I won't lie. It's very festive sounding and these are hopeful times) and shouldn't be listened too at all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:01:13 PM »

Yup.
Have you wiped the egg off your face yet?

Oh, they won't impeach him, they'll literally kill him. I've been predicting that long before the election and I believe it now more than ever judging by how the demonstrators have been acting.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:23:01 PM »

Yup.
Have you wiped the egg off your face yet?

Oh, they won't impeach him, they'll literally kill him. I've been predicting that long before the election and I believe it now more than ever judging by how the demonstrators have been acting.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
There was already a verified incident involving a British national attempting to commander a Secret Service agent's sidearm near the side of a stage during a Trump speech. I have no doubt that people will try and kill him. I've heard three stories of semi-prominent people (journalists, a CEO, etc) making threats over Twitter as well, and usually only angry Republican white males tend to do that (see Dylan Wolf before he turned to literal terrorism).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:39 PM »

I can hear Ayn Rand's cold cackle coming all the way from her grave in Vahalia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies